She frowned, backing away until her back was against the wall of the box. He had kind eyes, but how could she know she could trust him?

He had blonde shaggy hair that fell into his eyes slightly, which were a light brown-hazel colour. He looked about seventeen, however he was extremely lanky, and a small friendly smile played on his lips, not wanting to scare her away.

But the surprise on his face was impossible to miss.

"It's a girl." He called back up to the group. His accent seemed different, something she'd heard before, but definitely different. The group immediately broke out in chatter.

"A girl?"

"I got dibs!"

"What's she look like?"

"How old is she?"

The questions and things she picked up from the crowd made her frown grow and her hands clenched into fists as she spoke the first words since seeing these boys.

"Hey!" Her voice came out stronger than expected, and the crowd hushed.

"I'm not just an object you can claim. And who says I'd want you, I bet you're all ugly as hell anyway." She murmured the last part quieter, but the silence made it easy to hear.

Laughter broke out, some boys teasing others for their comments, and those who made them looking guilty.

"She could give Minho a run for his money!" Someone called, to everyone's amusement. The girl's patience was running thin now, but the boys didn't seem to be in any rush to get her out of the box.

"Hello? Can someone please get me out of here?"

"Gally, lower the rope." The blonde boy in front of her called up, moving aside so she could see.

A rope with a loop at the end was thrown down, dark jokes about a noose entering her mind, before she placed her foot in the loop and grasped the rope tightly.

Ignoring the hands reaching out for her, she hauled herself up from the edge of the box after getting pulled up on the rope, and pushed through the group of gawking boys to see where she was.

A large grassy square, trees dotted in the middle stretching into a corner and a few misshapen wooden shacks around the place. The smell of a farm and fresh air overwhelmed her as she took it all in.

And the walls. Impossible to miss. Grey, cracked, concrete walls that stretched a hundred feet in the sky, ivy clinging to the surface in patches.  They enclosed the square, trapping everything inside. And then she saw it.

An opening.

The walls to the side of her parted in the middle, with the girl not being able to fully see what hid behind the opening.

"Welcome to the Glade!" The blonde boy said to her, a smile brandished on his expression as he looked out at the land proudly.

She could hear more people talking to her distantly, but she wasn't listening. Instead, she was focusing on whether or not she could make it to the opening of the wall without one of these boys pouncing on her.

So she decided to find out.

She immediately broke out in a sprint, and she could hear bursts of laughter behind her. But then the laughter stopped. The boys had realised that she showed no sign of stopping, or slipping up.

"Hey! Stop!" A boy called. She glanced quickly over her shoulder to see that four boys that had taken off after her.

Shaking her head with a dry chuckle, she sped up her pace. None of these boys are very fast, was where her brain immediately went.