Snap out of it

TW: blood, suicidal thoughts implied

Waking up was the last thing Catra wanted, but she knew she had to. Why did she have to wake up again? Ah right, Horde Prime had requested to see her. Wait, what? No, Prime was gone. They had won, she was with Adora, she was finally happy.

Why was she walking, and why couldn't she stop? Her breathing became uneven as she felt her heart rate quicken. She had to calm down, everything was fine, she was with Prime now. Her eyes widened at the thought. No, no way did she think that.

And there he was in all his glory, Horde Prime, the bringer of peace, the rightful ruler of the known universe.

"Welcome, little sister."

The room was an unsettling shade of white and almost painfully empty, but it didn't bother Catra. Not anymore.

"It's an honor to be of service to you, Horde Prime." Why did she say those words?

"It appears that our friend, She-Ra, has chosen to visit us after all. I want you to ensure she receives a warm welcome. All guests of Horde Prime shall experience his hospitality. I believe it's only fitting for you to 'catch up', as you Etherians say, with your beloved Adora."

"My will is your will, Lord Prime" Catra felt herself kneel, taking note that she left her neck exposed. Horde Prime could see her chip. Horde Prime knew that she was loyal.

For a moment, everything went black, and the next thing Catra knew she was fighting Adora. Wait, but she loved Adora, why was she hurting her? She tried to stop herself, but it was almost impossible. It hurt too much. The brunette felt like she was trying to get out of quicksand. She clawed and fought, but the more she resisted, the harder she was pulled in. Suddenly Adora glitched like a hologram and vanished from her sight. Catra was left alone in the dark.

"You're a bad friend," was that Scorpia? How did she come to Prime's ship?

"It's you, you drive them away wildcat." Her voice sounded so far away.

"No, I changed! I am-- I am a better friend now," Catra said with her voice cracking. The darkness was suffocating.

"You know you don't believe that, Catra." Shadow Weaver?

"I certainly don't. You're lying to them, and you're lying to yourself."  How was that possible?

"No, you can't be here. You died... I saw it, I was there!" Catra shouted as loud as her lungs allowed her. She was having trouble keeping her thoughts in order. If only her head stopped pounding.

"You were, and you will always be a failure. Nothing more but a nuisance. Did you honestly think that I was proud of you? I guess you are as dumb as you are useless," the figure spat out the last word like poison.

Catra couldn't take it anymore, she broke down. Hot tears were streaming down her face, and she couldn't do anything to stop them.

"I'm SORRY! I didn't...I wish I could take back everything!"

"You can't, though, can you?" mused Adora, and Catra felt a hint of relief. She came back.

"You didn't think everyone would forgive you just like that, right? Especially after you killed me, their hero, their She-Ra", said Adora coming closer. She stepped out the shadows, and Catra could now see the multiple claw marks on Adora's body.

"No, I didn't do that! I didn't..." Catra's voice was failing her.

Adora chuckled menacingly. "Oh, but you did."

Catra looked down to avoid Adora's intense glare. Why were her hands red? Was that Adora's blood?

"Why did you do it?" She wanted this to stop. Maybe if she died, all of this would go away.

"You made your choice," Did she really deserve this? "now live with it!"

"Catra!" Please, make it stop... I'm begging you.

"Catra, wake up!"

A/N

I promise there will be more fluff in the next chapters. If you liked this please vote and comment <3