standing there without knowing what to feel, chenle only had his eyes at jisung. he didn't know what to say nor what emotion to show. he was happy for both jisung and jiro, especially for the baby because jisung now decided to keep him and be a family to him. but chenle was not fully happy, part of him was sad. sad, disappointed, devastated— chenle doesn't know but chenle felt bad for feeling that way. he should just be happy because jiro would finally have a family of his own. isn't this supposedly the best part of his job?

was it because despite of the moments with them, jisung still wanted to send him back?

were all those nothing for jisung?

the stork noticed the tension between them which caused for him to clear his throat. ❝chenle, let's go home.

home?

isn't he home already?

chenle couldn't say a word as he could feel his hand being taken by the stork. his eyes settled on jisung and the crying baby that he's trying to hush down. he stared at them for a few moments before having his head lowered and followed the stork from behind.

maybe this wasn't home.

wait!

both chenle and the stork stopped from their tracks when they suddenly heard jisung putting them to a halt. turning their heads around, jisung placed the baby gently down on the sofa before mustering up the guts to walk over their and stop specifically in front of chenle who's still crying. tears falling down and jisung felt tbe urge to wipe them. he felt the need to just change that frown to a bright smile. he wanted to protect chenle at all times and would do anything just not to make him cry. seeing him like this broke his heart to pieces, even he was hurt seeing him cry like this.

i know this is too sudden but before you leave, can i just say something?❞ jisung told him, his voice softening as he didn't want to make chenle cry even harder by raising his voice and scaring him.

the shorter male looked up at the stork beside him, asking permission, and once he earned a reassuring smile from the stork, chenle turned back to jisung and gave him a nod.

right now, jisung just want to show everything to chenle. he just wants for the shorter to know everything he felt for him. everything he is thankful for him. every moment with him that he adored so much. the younger male raised his hand up and went to cup the older's face, finally getting the chance to wipe his tears using his thumb even though it was no use since chenle cried even more when he did it.

stop crying.❞ jisung chuckled, his breathing hitched as he felt a lump on his throat. well, seems like it was his turn to cry.

i'm trying.❞ chenle pouted, staring up at jisung as he placed his soft hands on on top of the younger's. ❝you're crying too!

closing his eyes, jisung tried to collect himself and hold back his tears. taking a deep breath, jisung exhaled and slowly opened his eyes while giving chenle one genuine smile. ❝thank you so much for being here with me, for being here with us.❞ he leaned forward and placed his forehead on chenle's. ❝for handling me and our baby.

j-jisung, he's—

i don't care what you'll say chenle but for me, he's ours.❞ jisung felt the older's hand on top of his and he then smoothly held the male's hand as he still had his forehead leaning on chenle's. ❝god, you don't know how much of an impact you are in my life. you and jiro just suddenly appeared and i never knew that it was the best birthday gift i could ever have in my entire life.