⌜ one ⌟

have y'all watched storks?

chenle was dozing off as he waited for a mail to arrive. it was unusual for them not to get any for a day, they'd usually get at least one mail. staring off out of no where, chenle could feel his eyelids getting heavier and was about to give in to sleep until something had hit his forehead real hard.

rubbing it with a whine, chenle took the envelope and then had his eyes widened. ❝a mail!

with a bright smile and excited steps, chenle rushed out of the room which he was assigned for and passed by a lot of busy storks. he didn't fail to greet them, making them smile at his bubbly self. not wasting any time, chenle barged into a room without knocking and raised the mail up in air as if it was something so treasured. which it was, but chenle was just overreacting.

i have a—❞ the boy's smile froze as he had just noticed that he was disturbing a meeting.

all the storks wearing suits looked at him. some were disappointed, some were annoyed, there were two or three that chenle could see them stifling their laughs, and the superior raised a brow at the boy. letting out a nervous chuckle, chenle took a polite bow before excusing himself out of the room. well, he may have barged in the wrong timing.

guess i'll have to wait here.❞ the boy said with a pout, eyeing the mail that he had received for the day.

you might be wondering, why on earth is a boy doing at a stork's corporation? chenle would have also been surprised to see that this existed in his world if it weren't for him finding out that he was an ordered baby.

back then a family had ordered a baby, it was no other than chenle. as a baby, chenle was so excited to meet them. he couldn't wait to see them that he begged for one of the storks to just deliver him earlier. seeing a baby whine at them, the storks could only laugh at his cuteness but didn't really violate the rules and regulations, they waited for the due date before they could deliver chenle. they had days with him and they had gotten close with him, some even cried their ass out when chenle was about to be delivered.

the excitement, the hopes and dreams that chenle had with his family disappeared when they didn't want to take him.

he didn't know what to feel back then, he hadn't talked to his family yet so he wasn't attached to them, but he saw them and it broke his heart knowing that they didn't accept him.

the stork being assigned to deliver chenle had two choices, force the family to accept chenle or, to leave the baby at the front door whether they'd accept him or not. the stork didn't choose between the options. instead, the stork brought chenle back with him to the corporation and explained everything to the superior.