Secrets

I calmly walked downstairs and looked at the victim's father, Mr. Cullin. I wanted to arrest him then and there, but that wouldn't be professional of me. I had to handle this carefully. This case hit too close to home, and if I wasn't careful I could be fired on the first day. 

I walked towards Mr. Cullin and spoke to him " Mr. Cullin, we're going to be taking some things back to the station to see if they'll give us any ideas to who could have done this to your daughter, like an ex boyfriend or friend possibly. If we have have anymore questions we'll call you down to the station. Have a good day now, and I'm sorry for your loss. " I calmly spoke as we were left the house. Morgan, Reid and I got into the black SUV and headed to the station, to hopefully add some pieces to this puzzle of a case. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got to the station, we showed the things we gathered from Sandra Cullin's room. Reid brought the razors down to the lab to be tested and I opened the journal to show the particular journal entry I found that was written the day Sandra was taken. 

Everyone was having a hard time believing that this could be a possible reason why the Unsub took her. " Guys, look at these cuts, bruises and scars. They're all obviously older than a day. They're at least a week or so old. We even have the entry to prove that she did those things to herself. All we have to do is question the dad to see if he was really hitting her. " I pointed to the photos taken at the crime scene and tried to reason with them. Hotch was the first to speak up " Alright, we'll get a warrant for his arrest. JJ, call the father and request him to come down to the station for questioning. " JJ nodded and called the father.

About fifteen minutes later we had Mr. Cullin in an interrogation room and I was the one interrogation him. 

When I walked into the interrogation room, I had a cup of water for Mr. Cullin to hopefully calm whatever nerves he had. I sat down and placed the cup in front of him. " Mr. Cullin, I'm going to ask you some questions and I'm going to need you to answer them truthfully. " I spoke, trying to sound strong. He nodded as I continued " Mr. Cullin, Is there anyone that hated Sandra or wanted to do harm to her? " I asked, feeling honestly curious. " No, Sandra was a sweet girl that always treated people with respect. She didn't date or have friends, she was always studying and going to the library. " Mr. Cullin responded. 

What I asked him next shocked him, I could tell by his body language. " Mr. Cullin, Did you ever hit your daughter? I know that your wife died when Sandra was only thirteen and it affected you quite a bit. " My voice was gentle but stern. " N-No. I would never hit her. You're right, it was hard when her mother died, but we got through it. " I could hear the pain, but hesitance in his voice. That's when I opened up Sandra's journal and read the entry from the day she was killed. 

" July 26, 2007:                                                                                                                                                                                              Dad hit me again, it's unbearable. I know I should be use to it now after eight years but I'm not, and cutting myself isn't helping. They're getting deeper and they're beginning to cover my body. I don't think I can take this much longer. Hopefully when I get home from the Library he'll be in a better mood.      ~ S.C. "

I showed him the entry, shock covering his face and tears welling his eyes. I pulled the razor out of my pocket and showed it to him. " Did you ever think about what she felt and what you were doing to her? Did you ever think that it was so bad that since someone was already hurting her she could do it to herself too? You should be ashamed. " Hatred laced my words, but I wasn't done here. I connected the pieces and my brain was acting on instincts, acting without thinking first. 

~ Cliff hanger! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and will like what happens next! ~