Chapter 3 : Silver and White

The Minister speed walked to the group, Lucius and Draco Malfoy trailing behind him, sneering at the Weasleys. Percy resisted the erdge to roll his eyes. Such petty blood feuds have lasted for decades, and they probably don't even know what started it.

"Hello, Mr. Weasley! I see that young Harry is being taken care of, yes? We can't be getting lost in the crowds, now can we?" The Minister said, chuckling at the end. Mr. Weasley forced out an uneasy laugh, rubbing the back of his head. The Minister's gaze drifted over to Nico and Percy, a fake smile lighting up his face.

"And who might you two be?"

Percy had a feeling that the Minister didn't really want to know who they were. He was just playing as a happy-go-lucky Minister who actually liked the people he was leading. The Minister wasn't loyal to his people, only to himself, which made Percy very angry as the god of loyalty.

"My name's Perseus Olympas. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Minister."

The Minister's eyes widened, sparking with interest. "Olympas? Why, I haven't heard that surname in quite a while!"

Percy frowned as they shook hands. As Minister, it was his duty to remain neutral between the light and dark families. He had to be able to appease both sides, and yet he didn't even know one of the most basic traditions! It was protocol for a pureblood to arrange their hand into a certain formation to tell the other pureblood what you intend for your relationship to be, like sign language, but with only two symbols. One for a diplomatic relationship, and one for a personal relationship. A diplomatic relationship ment that in court, the two families would have each others back, but they would not be friends or anything personal.

Percy wondered how the Minister kept his position since he didn't educate himself on wizarding traditions, key features of most dark families.

Percy left Nico to deal with the Minister and turned to Lucius Malfoy. Like all the Malfoys before him, he had platinum blonde hair and grey eyes. Everything about him screamed posh and elegance.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Malfoy. It's a pleasure to meet you," Percy said, cringing on the inside at his stiff greeting. Percy wasn't one for formality, but the Malfoys were people that no one wanted to cross.

Percy held the sign for a diplomatic relationship, relaxing when Lucius shook his hand, excepting the offering. To reject someone's offer of a diplomatic, or even worse, a personal relationship would be a declaration of war between the two families unless you make it clear that war is not what you want, that you just don't want to be associated with the person. That is what most neutral families do when a dark family member offers their hand.

"A pleasure, Mr. Olympas," Lucius said in a drawling tone, his face set in a cold mask that often threw people off.

Percy nodded and turned to the younger Malfoy, his breath catching in his throat. The Malfoys were well known for their beauty, but this boy was a literal angel. His platinum blonde- almost white -hair fell in delicate waves on his forehead, his silvery grey eyes staring straight at Percy with a calm steadiness, but he couldn't have been older than fourteen, at an impressive height of 5'9" or 5'10" already.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Olympas," Draco said, the hairs on Percy's arms lifting at the sound of his honeyed voice. Only then did Percy realize that he had been staring fixatedly at the attractive boy, who was beginning to blush at the look in Percy's eyes. Percy glanced down at Draco's hand, feeling a bit disappointed upon seeing the diplomatic sign.

Percy jumped when he heard Nico exchange pleasantries, not knowing why he felt guilty for admiring the beautiful boy in front of him, who was peering up at him through his pale eyelashes.