XIV

9:37 pm
café

  Iwaizumi allowed himself to sway to the song that echoed throughout the café. It left a calming atmosphere in the establishment that allowed to man to be at ease. The soft strums of the guitar. The melody of the piano. It didn't need lyrics to set the mood. The instruments that brought the song together spoke for itself. He had heard this tune numerous times on days where he was in charge of closing the café. For some reason it played later in the night when all the guests had left. That's what he liked about it. He referred to it as 'his song.'

Having it play at this time in his life was the best thing he could ask for. He didn't need any more stress on his mind than he did already. The entire Oikawa situation had been bugging him. They hadn't spoken to each other for nearly two weeks now. Luckily for him, Makki and Mattsun were there to annoy him, but they were constantly on their phones for some reason. Whatever.

As he scrubbed the sticky booth presented in front of him, Makki strut by, singing obnoxiously loud. He assumed that the human cotton candy had already left. The café was quiet which was a weird situation with him behind around. Maybe he was on that damn phone again. Iwaizumi sighed throwing the dirty rag down.

"Would you shut up and make sure to lock the door behind you this time? It looks like it's going to start raining anytime soon and I want to be able to leave quickly."

Makki's face seemed to switch to an expression that screamed 'shit,' but quickly changed to his usual grin. "Got it, boss!"

Yeah, he ran out without locking the door. He watched as he immediately took out his phone through the window. Though the image was blurred due to the droplets of rain streaming down the glass. This would be a long night.

  Oikawa anxiously scrolled through the texts displayed on his phone that he had received from Iwaizumi's idiot friends. Tonight was the night they had planned for his apology, but he was now doubting that he'd make it in time.

Prior to his journey in his car, he had a photoshoot scheduled in Tokyo that dragged out longer than he wanted it to and the journey back to his home would be a long one. He whined every time they stopped at a red light. Every time he did, Kunimi would respond in a sigh. He wasn't excited either about their current situation.

As soon as Makki was notified of Oikawa's stupid mistake, they had created a group chat, including Mattsun, with the purpose of recreating that bond they had. But, the two only wanted their 'ship' to sail. They even created names for it. It was a flattering, yet disturbing.

  The two had informed Oikawa on the days that Iwaizumi stayed later. He wanted to talk to him as soon as possible, so he picked today. His brain must've not been working then because he had a scheduled photo shoot planned that day as well. Tokyo was at least five hours away from the café, so he needed a way to leave earlier.

  He tried to explain that his mother wanted him to visit and that it would be a once in a lifetime thing for him. Sadly, they saw right through him. So now they were at a disadvantage. Oikawa knew they could just reschedule, but there was something about tonight that made it different. It's like they were rewriting the past and making it new. But for now, all they were doing was stalling even longer.

Oikawa groaned. "Ugh! How long?"

"Hm, like six inches." Oikawa could hear Kunimi roll his eyes.

"I would fire you just for that, but that's beside the point. How long until we reach the café?"

Kunimi sighed quite dramatically. "Look, it's raining and I can barely see the road, your highness. We're in Miyagi. Just a little over 15 minutes, okay?"