IX

9:23 pm
building exit

"I'm already regretting this..."

Iwaizumi approached the car with caution. After all, he didn't know if this was just some sick prank and someone was waiting in the dark to attack him. He honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. What celebrity takes time out of their day to hang out with a stranger? They had absolutely nothing in common and most definitely had better things to do. Rather than hanging out with Iwaizumi. He was greatly confused. Maybe this was a bad idea. He stopped dead in his tracks, preparing to retreat back into the apartment, but before he heard one of the car's door unlock and out stepped Oikawa.

He studied the model's appearance. At first, he was unrecognizable due to the fact he wore glasses that didn't seem to have the lenses in them. He wondered why. Seemed unnecessary. Probably someone fashion trend he missed. His outfit seemed bland but accompanied his body so perfectly. Anyone could wear it, but he pulled it off. Why was he making note of this?

Oikawa wore a black shirt and a pair of jeans. His sneakers were also a dark tone, though hints of gold were streaked onto them. And the jacket. It put the whole outfit together. It was a simple yellow, puffy jacket, but it hugged his body so well. No wonder this guy was a model. He could pull off any look with ease.

Shit...

  The hell?

  What's with this dude's fashion sense? Nothing compared to what he wore the first time they've interacted with each other. Well, he was wearing an apron of some sort. Maybe he was a chef! Oikawa's cooking skills were as bad as... Well, they were just bad. But back on the topic of the man's wardrobe choice.

Iwaizumi looked stunning. Though it was just an ordinary, casual outfit, something about him wearing it specifically made him lose his mind. He wore a black jean jacket with a navy blue hoodie underneath it. The jacket matched the color of his jeans and the pair of fairly old Vans he wore. Damn.

  He flashed a grin at the slightly shorter male in an attempt to forget the fact that he'd just analyzed every piece of clothing on the other man.

"You look good, Iwa-chan!" Seriously?! Oikawa's smile remained until he noticed the man was refusing eye contact with him.

"Thanks. You too."  Incoherent mumbling came from the other shortly after, causing his smile to return. He placed his hand on the shorter man's shoulder and used his other to point back at the car with his thumb.

  "We don't want to be too late now, do we?"

The car ride to the café was uncomfortably silent. Even with him on his phone he still felt like something had to be said. Like a missing puzzle piece had to be added before they could engage in a comfortable conversation. Where both sides could share their ideas and opinions. Oikawa's eyes snapped open in a fit of realization. He pressed on a button in the car which separated the space between the driver and back passenger seats. Iwaizumi's attention immediately shifted to Oikawa who's fists were clenched.

"Why?"

"What...?" Iwaizumi looked at stared at him with a clueless expression.

"Why did you ask to meet up?" He watched as the other fell silent.

...

"Well, why'd you agree?"

"You went there-"

"You're famous, right? You've ought to have something better to do. So why'd you agree to meet up?"

"I couldn't deny a fan's request?" He asked in a questioning manner. One that made him sound like he wasn't sure of his response.

"I'm not your fan. So, what was the real reason you agreed?"

"....Look. You're different from them, okay? Usually people would bombard me with questions like I'm an answer key and I'm able to answer every single one of them. But you. You're just different, but like a good different."

Iwaizumi just stared at him like he was crazy. The car came to a halt.

"Anyways, we've arrived at my friend's workplace. Let's go!" The button was pushed once more, lowering down the barrier. "Kunimi-san, you remember what time to come, correct?" He nodded in response, waiting until both exited the car and stepped onto the sidewalk.

  Oikawa turned to face Iwaizumi with a smile on his face, hoping that he'd approve of his choice on where to go. But when he did, all he saw was a shocked expression on the man's face. One that looked scared even.

  "No way..."

fuhuhuhu