XII

6:05 pm
kitchen doorway

The pink-haired male stuck his head throw the kitchen's entryway, watching the scene unfold while his partner dealt with the burning popcorn. The smell was terrible, but this had happened more times than he could count before. They had been warned prior to entering the kitchen that if they burned the popcorn again, they'd be banned from his kitchen. Makki would most likely sneak in anyways.

Mattsun read the instructions written on the box carefully to Makki. Or so he thought because when an indescribable smell escaped his microwave, he knew. He fucked up. He had decided to keep his head out of there so he had access to clean air. It didn't help much, but what he saw was worth it. Sort of...

  The expression that was plastered on Iwaizumi's face left him speechless which was shocking for a big mouth like him. His friend looked like he had just been stabbed in the back. Literally. He'd never seen him look like this. He didn't look sad, nor did he look mad. But he for sure was not in a good mood. Something must've happened between those two. His gaze shifted to Oikawa. By the look on his face, it was definitely him who made Iwaizumi look like this.

  There was a forced grin on his face. He scratched the back of his neck in a way that showed he was clearly uncomfortable. And most importantly his eyes were closed, as if he knew what he had done. A 'tsk' sound escaped from Makki's lips. He moved his head out of the doorway more, ready to come out any second now. When he did, he noticed that Oikawa has now reopened his eyes and his face also looked sort of hurt. But more on the shocked side.

  "Hey Pinkie Pie, could you stop watching them like a creepy and help me find a substitute for popcorn?"

  Makki stayed silent.

  "Hello? What's so interest- Oh."

"Yeah. Something definitely happened." Makki sighed.

"Mm. Hey, why's he going to his room?"

The two watched as Iwaizumi silently got up from the couch and marched to his room. He probably needed to cool down. Whatever they were talking about, it obviously affected him negatively. But Oikawa stood right up and walked away from the couch and towards the doorway of Iwaizumi's room. He didn't get far at at all.

  Iwaizumi's- no. Oikawa's hoodie was thrown towards him aggressively. Oikawa struggled to catch it. His hands were shaking nervously. He really screwed up. Why couldn't he just spit out his feelings. Why couldn't he be straightforward? Why am I so stupid? He was such a wimp. His chance had came to him all of a sudden and he reacted in the worst way possible. It was now that he saw how the nicknames he was given really fit him.

He took a deep breath before eyeing Iwaizumi who's head was down. "Iwa-chan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"I really don't want you in my home right now. Please take your hoodie and go."

  He gulped. "Iwa-chan, please listen for just 30 quick seconds, okay? Now what I wanted to say was-"

  "Do I look like I want to know what you said?!" He raised his voice an octave, causing Oikawa to yelp. "Get out!"

Soft footsteps approached the both of them. Mattsun. He placed a hand on Iwaizumi's shoulders, signaling for him to calm down. "Oikawa, please exit the premises." The spiky-haired male looked up at him, clearly unamused. "Fine, just go."

It wasn't his home, he had no business being in it. Oikawa bowed awkwardly, keeping his hoodie held tightly in his grasp.

"I apologize for the intrusion."

short ass filler