VI

"Now that we're settled and comfy, mind explaining to us what's going on?"

9:32 am
"camp"

  He placed his ramune down next to himself. Iwaizumi huddled his knees to his chest, hugging himself. He didn't know what to feel about this situation he's been put in. If he didn't cough up soon, they'd stay in his home for as long as it took. He'd know because it happened before. (But that's a story of another time.)

  He sighed, turning his head away from the two. "I promise you guys, it's nothing serious. I was just hitching a ride."

  Makki and Mattsun shared a look. One that showed they weren't having any of it. The pink-haired man spoke first. "If it's not anything serious, why are you looking away then?"

  Matsukawa nodded, continuing the accusations. "It doesn't explain why you were late either. When did you buy that hoodie?"

  He cursed under his breath. They were skilled at getting answers out of the man. "I sle...." He trailed off mid-sentence in embarrassment.

  The two wore amused expressions. Hanamaki pressed a hand to his ear, tilting his head. "I'm sorry, what?"

  "I said, I slept i..."

  "I'm sorry, my hearing aid must be turned off. You're going to have to repeat. This time loud enough so humans can hear you."

  Iwaizumi jumped up from where he originally sat, clenching his fists. He may or may not have knocked over his ramune bottle in the process. "I said I slept in his house, goddamnit!" Heat rose from his neck, coloring his cheeks a color similar to roses.

  Makki seemed to whisper to Mattsun something before simply nodding his head. He swore he heard the words 'bet' and 'yen' come from his friend's mouth before he responded to the man with a simple gesture of the head. They're not going to ask anything else? Wow... Matsukawa grabbed the remote from the soft ground next to him, changing the channel to Netflix, and landing on a film for them to watch.

  That's how it went for the night. Them snacking on the items the two bought, while cracking occasional jokes. Around midnight, Iwaizumi eventually fell asleep, but Makki and Mattsun stayed awake.

12:47 am
living room

Hanamaki sighed out of relief when he heard his co-worker begin to snore lightly from the other side of the room, but not too far from them. He seemed exhausted. The day must've been pretty hectic for the male. He deserved the rest. He kept his eyes glued to the screen in front of him. The words 'are you still watching' written on it, but neither man moved to verify the fact that they were indeed still awake. He felt someone's warm breath against his ear. Their words were unclear, but he understood clearly.

"What do you think is going on between him and Mr. Handsome?"

He chuckled lightly in response, leaning onto the male's shoulder. He too was tired. "I dunno. But whatever it is, it's probably nothing too serious. The dude posts his life on the media. We'd know if they had some sort of relationship with each other." He yawned, closing his eyes. "Just go to bed, Issei..."

Hanamaki felt a pair of soft lips land themselves against his forehead. "Night.."

12:56
oikawa's room

Oikawa stared up to his ceiling, his laptop placed next to him. A silver-headed male appeared on the screen. He had been speaking with him for the majority of the night, both extremely tired. Well, one more than the other. He too couldn't get the other out of his mind. He wanted to come to his senses and decide he was overthinking this, but the whole predicament gave him a major headache.

"May I go to bed now...? You've been ranting all night, Oikawa."

"Well I'm sorry that Mr. Refreshing needs his rest, but I have more to say." Sugawara only sighed in response.

"Come on... Let me-"

"How did you feel when you first met Daichi-san?" Oikawa sat up in his bed, moving the laptop so it was in front of him.

"I'm sorry, it was a vague-"

"Unsatisfied. No matter what I did, I felt like I needed to be with him. He made my stomach twist into a knot whenever I thought of him." Oikawa silenced. "Just be straightforward. It helped me. Night, Oikawa."

"Night..."

Suga hung up the call. Straightforward, huh? He always acted in such a manner. Well, not exactly. Whenever someone who fangirled over him complimented or gifted something to him, he always responded with a flirtatious reply. Yet for some reason, when it came to Iwaizumi, he felt unusual. Sighing, he opened the drawer beside him, pulling out a notebook with a pen attached to it. He needed to get his thoughts down.

"When it comes to you, I don't know what I'm feeling. So many emotions at least. I treated you just as a fan, but you were different. You acted differently. You didn't even acknowledge my appearance which for most, it's the most noticeable thing about me. Sure you stared for a while, I'm assuming you were tired. Do you have powers or something? Is this a spell? I just need to speak with you again."

Speak with him again...

He had taken the man's number when he returned his phone to him that night. Before he put it in his hoodie, he made sure to get his number. Lucky for him, his passcode was Touch ID and he could effortlessly get into it without a problem. Iwaizumi was a really deep sleeper. Either that or he didn't sleep often. A hard worker...

Oikawa's grin reached his ears. He was so excited to get in contact with him again. They don't even know each other, but he felt like he did. He chose the contact labeled 'Stranger' and sent him a simple text.

"Let's just hope your advice works, Sugawara-san..."

7:02 am
living room

Iwaizumi sat up from the floor, rubbing his back. Maybe the floor isn't that comfy... He turned to his friends which were tangled together underneath a blanket. Oh I need a picture of that. He picked up his phone that sat underneath him. A message appeared on the lock screen.

New message.

"Eh?"

Iwaizumi unlocked his phone, going straight to the message.

----------

Maybe: Oikawa: hello, iwa-chan! it's oikawa! how've you been?

i honestly don't know what to put here, so i hope you're having a merry Christmas