V

9:00
oikawa's porch

  The stars.

Each of them told a different story. They come and go on clear nights to illuminate the sky. Filling it with meaning. They danced around the moon. Maybe they were mocking it? He wouldn't know. Whatever they were doing it certainly drew him in.

  On clear nights, Oikawa would make sure to take advantage of it. His bedroom had a porch which he decorated to his liking. He set up his own chair, a small table, and around Christmas, lights were carefully hung onto the railing. It was perfect. Sometimes, he'd even fall asleep there. Distractions were strictly prohibited in his little paradise. Meaning no electronics, noisy people, or messes. Tonight was different.

  Oikawa gripped his phone tightly, staring at its screen. His knuckles turned snow-white due to his stronghold. He felt like he'd break the phone any second now, but it's all he could do. He needed to clear his mind. He needed an escape. And his tradition of star-gazing wasn't benefiting his wave of emotions that was bound to drown him any second now. Similar to rain which drenched the model the day he met him.

What was he doing to him? Usually, when he pulled little jokes like this, he'd forget about them the minute he pulled them. This time was different. It's like he was on a tightrope. One as thin as Iwaizumi's patience. If he fell, his routine would change. Everything would change. Because of one person. Oikawa was tripping. Close to falling. Drowning. Falling apart. And he didn't know why.

"What are you doing to me, Iwa-chan..?"

  "What are you doing to me, crappykawa?!"

Iwaizumi eyed his phone with an unsteady expression. Ever since he saw him at that bus stop, it was almost like he forgot how to act. And worst of all, he hadn't taken off that stupid hoodie. He toyed with its drawstring in one hand and held the phone in the other. On its screen was the picture of them that he took without his consent.

But this time, he didn't bother looking at himself. This time he admired the model from his living room. For some reason, he felt like if he didn't see him again, he'd die. Oikawa had to be a hypnotist of some sort. He knew it! That's why people followed him all the time, adored him, praised him. Had an itching to be with him...

  Iwaizumi sighed to himself, placing his phone down next to him. If he stared at that image any longer, he'd lose his mind. Was he poisoned? He didn't feel different physically. Well, his stomach felt like it was tightening and eating him from the inside. Maybe he was just hungry. He pulled the hood over his head and pulled the drawstrings as far as they could go. He could just sleep on the couch...

  "Dude, what are you doing? We agreed to say it at the same time!"

  "Well maybe if you moved out of the way fatass, I could try."

  "Shut the fuck up. I would've gone without you if it wasn't for your nagging."

  "Are you calling me annoying. I'll have you know-"

  "Shut up! Just say it together. Ready? 3, 2-"

  "Special delivery!"

Iwaizumi facepalmed. Attack of the idiots. He heard more arguing from the other side of the door. Choosing to ignore it, he closed his eyes, waiting for them to come to their senses. Then the slapping added to the mix. That's when he jumped up from his couch, rushing to the door before they kill each other. And by them, he meant Makki and Mattsun. He peeked through the hole in his door which granted him access to seeing on the other side. What the hell? He unlocked the door, pulling it open ever so slowly. They didn't notice him open the door.

"Ahem?!" He cleared his throat dramatically, so he'd get their attention. The duo turned to face him slowly.

"We come in peace." Makki declared, letting himself in. Mattsun following shortly after.

"And bearing snacks." He lifted the bag in his hand which was filled to the brim with treats. Iwaizumi sighed, closing the door.

"9 pm, you decide coming to my house is the wisest decision you could make?" He examines the two's appearance. "And wearing pajamas? Who's closing the-"

"Yams." They spoke in unison. Almost like they rehearsed it before coming here. He wouldn't be surprised if they did. They were unbelievably extra. Well, Makki rubbed off on Mattsun.

He watched as Matsukawa dropped the bag on the table that sat in front of his television. Where's the other one-

"God Iwaizumi, your home is usually tidy. Don't worry. I'll clean it up." Yeah, clean. "You two set up camp while I neat the place up a bit." He couldn't argue. If he tried they'd just get their way. He knew that they came to get answers out of Hajime one way or another. And through snacks was the way they assumed was best.

9:32 pm
"camp"

Iwaizumi watched as Hanamaki entered the living room, settling himself next to Mattsun. They had pushed the table out of the way and plopped blankets and pillows on the floor in a careless manner. But for some reason, it looked good. And was extremely comfy. A bonus! He held a bottle of ramune in his hand, bracing himself for the wave of questions ready to wash over him.

"Now that we're settled and comfy, mind explaining to us what's going on?"

How are you enjoying the story? Because I'm in pain.
P - It's
A - 4 am
I -
N -