20.

The Larger Wolf

Diana

THERE were so many ways having Storm's kitsune friends here could go wrong. The two didn't want to see it, but I could. Storm was too out of it and focused on healing to see it. She had long ago fallen asleep as we waited for Akiya.

When he came back, I could smell the wolfsbane on him. That bittersweet smell that attracted a werewolf until they had inhaled it and suffered the effects. The only good thing about his was it was in small amounts. I saw the gun he had on him and assumed it to be bullets.

Akiya had the two katanas as well, not that he'd use them. No one brings wolfsbane laced bullets to a fight with a werewolf and uses a katana over them.

He should be lucky Storm was asleep and couldn't smell it. It probably would have angered her wolf to the surface. But I couldn't deny that how smart it is to bring something that practically said in the name was a danger to a wolf. The plant is poisonous in general to anyone, but extremely dangerous to wolves and of course werewolves.

Akiya came over and sat down next to his twin as I looked out the window. Storm was curled up on the couch now fully clothed and her wound dressed. Her mom had come out with clothes to put her in which had been a task.

However, Araya and I managed to get it down. Araya sat on the other couch watching Storm with a sad look in her eyes.

Something about Araya unsettled me. Kitsunes were natural tricksters and enjoy mischief. A nogitsune enjoyed chaos, but Araya is a kitsune. Yet here she is sweet as can be and willing to help Storm with no strings attached.

Her brother on the other hand had strings attached. His sister may be too blind to see it, but I could see his strings attached to helping her. If this were just any other werewolf, he wouldn't have been here. He wouldn't have gone through all that trouble. Hell, he could have denied helping his sister out as well. But like every other kitsune he had a reason behind it.

I watched him closely because of it. Araya turned back around taking a sip of the bottle of water I had given her.

"This is going to be a long night, so I advise getting comfortable. We can take turns watching as well." I told them. The two nodded before getting comfortable on the couch as I looked out the window.

Storm's mom was no doubt watching as well. As soon as she laid eyes on her injured daughter, she went into full vengeance mode. I was surprised her beast hadn't ripped out yet to go hunt down what harmed her daughter. The control she has is quite amazing considering no one is controlling her either.

The two twins ended up falling asleep as I got up and went to the window peeking open the blinds. I was unsure if he would appear from the woods. Storm wouldn't say much on how she left the him.

He could be severely injured and wouldn't risk one of us killing him or he could have only been injured a little and looking for a clever way in. This werewolf, he is incredibly unstable. Yet at the same time smart and knew when and when not to attack.

If he were injured to the point, we could win he wouldn't attack. If we won, he'd die without fulfilling what he wanted. He wouldn't risk that.

I moved back to the couch. Storm had curled up and was laying on her side fast asleep with a blanket wrapped around her. Bitter thoughts ate at me. I had been the one to bring that werewolf here. I had been the one to come to her after she had gotten out of that lifestyle. In the end it made me the reason she's injured.

Storm had made the life she desired around her. It may not be perfect, but she thrived in it and now I was shattering it. Leaving now would be so easy. Everyone was asleep and they'd never notice me when I left.