16.

A Patient Wolf

Keilah

HUMANS of the young age had become boring especially if they were of the normal variety. Once they hit the preteen age their hormones raged and all they cared about was where to stick their dicks or how to get stuck with a dick.

They were much harder to manipulate and twist until they begged. The only efficient way was through sex and I had no desire to offer my body to these human girls. None of them were worthy of it.

That's all those girls seem to care about though. I had never cared much for looking good, but having good looks made it easier to blend in.

No one would expect the tall guy with long locks in an expensive clothing would shed all of that to become a bloodthirsty wolf. Humans were simple, attracted to the pretty things. And if looking like that attracted them in then that's what I'd do.

Although convincing them was the hard part. All they wanted was sex. However, I had found the ones who could be convinced without that. The rejected humans. Rejected by their peers, their parents, and their family.

The ones with illnesses that a bite could heal. The ones who could fight back with the bite, all they had to do was submit to me. The hardest part about them was finding them alone.

Due to their circumstances they rarely came out or when they did it was with their abusers. All those humans had a certain stench of fear and tiredness to them. They had the look of wanting to give up; exhaustion echoing throughout them.

Offer them a chance of freedom and a normal life and they'd bite. I had seen it happen... just never done it myself.

She sat in front of me, the broken girl. Like expected she wasn't alone, but one sniff had me a bit stiffer. The man in front of her wasn't human... he's a nogitsune. She was smiling at him as well as I took a sip of my drink.

Broken was an understatement for her. I could see the tiny scars dotted around her lips where someone decided to learn how to sew. It was like something out of a horror movie. To say I wasn't cruel would be a lie, but I'm not cruel enough to stitch someone's mouth shut like they had done to her.

The easy feeling, she had around the nogitsune crossed him out as a suspect. A bit more into watching them I crossed her out in general.

Something about her was not human. Turning her wasn't an option.

As I got ready to leave, I heard the name I hadn't heard in a while.

"Yeah apparently Akiya argued with Storm last night. He's convinced he can help her in whatever way he can." The nogitsune said as I eased back into my seat holding the cup of iced coffee in my hand.

"How does he plan to help her?" The girl asked.

"I don't know, but Daiki said he was arguing with her on the phone about helping her with the werewolf. I think her name is Diana."

It took everything in me not to snarl at my younger sister's name leaving the fox's lips. Diana had managed to avoid both me and the other male werewolf in some miraculous way. I never saw her as the flight type. She was typically the fight, but for some reason she decided to take flight.

It was strange and resulted in me hunting her down. Yet it seemed as if she had disappeared, all her trails went cold. The town reeked of foxes and the other werewolf, Storm.

Bitterness and interest flooded me at the reminder of her. So resilient to me, fighting every step of the way until her wolf ripped out. Leaving her unattended on a full moon was the worst mistake I ever made. Especially leaving her without chains.