18.

The Hunted Wolf

Issei

"HOW many supernatural creatures do you think have passed through Willows?" Nightshade asked as we sat in the park.

"A lot, Willows has one of the asylums with the part that houses the supernatural. They are scattered throughout the world. But the supernatural pass through all towns. Although not a lot of werewolves pass through here because of Storm." I commented.

"How do you know?" Nightshade asked.

"Besides that, I can see what this forest sees, Storm likes to make it known this territory is hers. If you go into the woods, you'll see numerous of the trees have scratch marks in it. If you were to map it, she's put a barrier around her territory through the marks on the trees. It creates a circle around Willows marking off hers from any passing werewolves." I said.

"So, she's not pissing on it?" Nightshade asked and I laughed.

"No werewolves are bit more civil than wolves and dogs. They prefer leaving their scents in a much more savage way. Not to mention Storm still clings to her human side." I commented.

Nightshade nodded at that.

"Did you grow up knowing you were a nogitsune?" Nightshade asked and I nodded at that.

"My mom raised all of aware of what we are. Our sixteenth birthday was a day we all looked forward to. The awakening of our spirits inside of us. The ability to tap into that power. Turned into a nightmare for me after." I murmured.

Nightshade nodded.

"Daiki and Ren were malevolent spirits, my mom hated that my spirit took to the mischievous side of nogitsunes. She hated watching me indirectly cause chaos instead of jumping in."

Nightshade watched me. Nightshade always listened and never offered the advice that everyone else did.

She had the insight to know not to talk. Both of us having troubled pasts simply suited the way we get along. I know her limits as she knows my limits. I never thought a human... or half human would be the one to help me much less get me to settle just a bit.

I did enjoy Nightshade quite much. Something about her suited me. From the romantic to carnal relations we have.

Nightshade stood up and stretched as her timer went off for us to start our walk back to her crappy rundown apartment. She sighed and ran a hand through her inky locks as I came up behind her and we started our walk back.

"Do you ever just consider running?" Nightshade asked looking over at me.

"Where?" I asked.

"Anywhere. Just running from all life throws out until you recover." Nightshade responded.

"Running doesn't solve it. You can only run so far before it comes back and bites you in the ass hard." I told her and Nightshade smiled.

"You seem to have a lot more wisdom than teenagers my age." Nightshade commented.

"I am old enough to be your great grandfather." I reminded her and she laughed at that as we took a turn.

"I guess I have a thing for older men." Nightshade mused and I smiled.

"And I have a thing for young human women." I told her kissing her as Nightshade paused before kissing me back. She turned towards me wrapping her arms around my neck before we pulled back and I grinned.

"I don't think I'll ever get enough of you." I told her and Nightshade smiled her hands knotted up in my shirt as she moved on the bench to face me.