Chapter Sixty-One

Light poured into the room as Cassiopeia pulled herself up, "You really should tidy your room more often."

James waved her off as he stood at his record player, "Now these are a good band."

"Who are they?" Cassiopeia questioned him as the music began, "Some muggle band?"

"Not just some muggle band, Cass," James told her with a smile, "The best muggle band."

She raised her eyebrow, "So, what are they called?"

"The Beatles."

Cassiopeia scoffed, "And I thought our bands had weird names. How do you know so much about muggles?" 

"Remus," James told her before he started to sing along to the song. 

Cassiopeia moved so she was at the bottom of the bed, on her knees so she was the same height as James. The boy danced over to her before wrapping his arms around her waist, "You would make a hopeless singer, Potter."

"I'd be a brilliant singer, Black," He whispered, "I'm great at everything I do."

She laughed slightly before kissing him, "You are delusional too!"

"I managed to get you to be my girlfriend. I can do whatever I want."

She placed her hand on his cheek, "I think we need a bigger room for your ego."

James smiled at her, "You are lucky I love you."

"I'm the luckiest."

"What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" James asked her suddenly. 

Cassiopeia thought for a second, "I want to be an Auror. I want to fight against the death eaters and other dark creatures. I want to bring some good to our world."

James smiled adoringly at her, "How could I have ever thought you were evil."

"Because I nearly was," Cassiopeia replied, "It would have been so much easier to go down that route. To be the person my family wanted me to be."

"You never choose the easy route, Cass."

"Why do you think I'm dating you?"

James jokingly knocked her back, "Now, that's a little bit rude, babe."

"What about you? What do you want to do?"

James lay beside her on his bed, "I don't know. Maybe an Auror. I'd like to beat some dark arts butts. I think Sirius wants to be one too."

"It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as one."

"The Black cousins fighting side by side against the Dark Lord and his supporters."

"I think you mean the Black cousins fighting side by side against the Dark Lord and their family."

James sighed as he glanced over at her, "Where are you going to go after? Will you continue staying with Andromeda or move into your own place?"

She shrugged, "I don't really know. I don't want to impose myself on my sister, even though she would love for me to stay. I don't really have the money for my own place just yet. I'll have to work for a little bit and save up enough money for my own flat."

"What would you have done if you still lived at home?"

"I would have lived at home until I married and then I would move into the large house my Pureblood husband owned."

James stared at her, "You should live with me."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be apart from you."

Cassiopeia nodded her head slightly, "Thank you," She laughed as she told him, "You know it's weird, I'm not really going against my parent's wishes."

"What do you mean?"

"My mother did tell me to find another Pureblood, rather than Lestrange."

James chuckled, "I don't think she had me in mind though."

"You are far better than them though."