Chapter Fifty-One

Not only did James and Cassiopeia have their own rooms, but they also shared a small common room. Cassiopeia was glad to have it as it meant she no longer had to go to the library to study and was instead only several steps from her bedroom. 

The only downside to her studying there was it allowed James to easily find her and then proceed to annoy her. 

Cassiopeia was sat at the table in the middle of the room, going through her potions work when she heard James's door open and him shuffle out towards her. He was silent as he pulled out a chair and sat opposite her. The problem was she could feel his stare constantly on her. 

"What do you want?" Cassiopeia asked him, glancing up from her work. 

"Why must I want something?" James replied as he smiled at her. 

She stared at him for a second, "You always want something."

"You are always studying," James commented, "It's freaky. How can you willingly study this much?"

Cassiopeia laughed, "Because unlike you I am motivated to do my work."

"I am motivated."

"That's why you always leave it to the last minute to do it."

James rolled his eyes, "I don't understand how you can do it so far in advance."

Cassiopeia set her quill down, "I want to succeed James so I panic that I'm not doing enough. Studying calms me down."

"Let's do something," James told her with a slight hesitation, "Let me take your mind off exams."

She shook her head, "I can't. I need to finish -"

He moved forward, begging her as he flitted his eyes in a bid to win her over, "Please, Cassiopeia. It won't be a waste of time. You have plenty of time to finish your work."

With a sigh, she leaned back and slowly nodded her head, "Don't make me regret agreeing to this."

"Have some faith, woman."

Cassiopeia was confused as she followed James down to the Quidditch Pitch. "You do realise I am a Slytherin so you can't try and recruit me."

"Hey - you weren't good enough to get into the Slytherin team, you definitely wouldn't be in the Gryffindor team."

She laughed loudly, "The only reason I'm not on the Slytherin team is that I am a female, James. I'm not bad at Quidditch."

The second their brooms were in their hands they were both up in the air flying around quickly. "What position do you play?"

"Chaser." 

James nodded his head impressed, "You would have been opposite me then."

Cassiopeia laughed, "And I would have beaten you every time."

"Keep dreaming, Cass."

Cassiopeia laughed constantly as she and James raced each other around the pitch. It was whenever she was with him that she could honestly say everything was going to be okay. That she was going to be happy.