Chapter Thirty-Two

Paper was scattered around her as she quickly scribbled down notes so she could easily revise for her OWLS. There was ink smudged down her hand as she constantly pushed her hair back behind her ears. Large bags were under her eyes as she held back a yawn. She didn't care about how she must have looked to those coming in and out of the library. She no longer cared about a lot of things. 

With a sigh, Cassiopeia leaned back, stretching her neck to the side as she took a small break from her work. As she looked forward she found that the table next to hers had a boy equally sprawled out like her.

She watched as he scratched the back of his head and caught sight of the scar on the back of his hand. It was as though she was properly seeing him for the first time as her eyes wandered up to his face. More scars littered his skin there. They looked as though they had been painful when he first had them, but she guessed that that had been a long time ago. She watched as he fussed constantly, making it obvious that he was trying to hide his fresh scratches. 

"I know a potion that will stop those from scarring," Cassiopeia suddenly told him. 

Remus Lupin jumped at the sound of her voice before staring over at her in surprise, "Sorry?"

"Those scratches you are trying to hide on your arms," She nodded down towards them, "I know a potion that would stop them from scarring. It stings a little but it is effective." Before he could reply, she rummaged through her things and found a clear piece of parchment paper and quickly wrote down the ingredients needed and the recipe for the potion. She then charmed the paper so it gently floated over to him. 

He grabbed it, "Thank you," 

"You're welcome," Cassiopeia replied - she was about to continue studying but frowned when she noticed he was still looking at her, "What?"

"You are not as bad as you want everyone to believe."

A small, sad smile made its way onto her face as she asked, "What makes you think that is what I want?"