Ch. 15: Magical Christmas Ball

[Yukino's PoV]

It's been a month. Christmas is coming. I miss her. She could've stayed.

I can't believe Sting... well, he lost the fight with Minerva. Lucy had to leave.

But ofcoarse I was kidding!

He won!

We don't know why, but Minerva forfeited.

There was this little girl named Wendy, who turns out to be Lucy's friend. She hunged out with us for a week. We've come to like her. But unfortunately, she had to leave. According to her, she wants to find a cure to Lucy's curse.

I miss her. She could've stayed with us. Although we're able to communicate with her using the lacrima device, it's still different from when you see her personally.

Kanade is our Master now. During Sting and Minerva's fight, Minerva confessed everything that she did. I guess her conscience couldn't hold it any longger.

We found out that they're actually sisters of the same father. Master Kanade is the original possessor of Minerva's magic. But since Minerva took it from her, she's left with her Psychic Magic. It's actually pretty cool. But the problem is, she locked her magic because they're too strong. The only way to unlock it is by finding the Magic Wizard named Aphelicotun. Who seems to be living for hundreds of years already. According to some books, he's immortal. He may seems powerful but he's not so powerful to defeat Zeref. He have this ability to pass or take magic from mages. He could also unlock or lock them. But no one has ever proved his existance. People believe he's just a myth.

Moving on, the guild became livelier ever since Kanade became the Master.

The Magic Council made up an event for Christmas. Starting this year, every guild shall attend the Magical Christmas Ball. It has contests and lots of fun.

"YUKINO!! HURRY!!" I dashed outside the dressing room upon hearing Lucy's call.

Oh, today is the Magical Christmas Ball. I don't know why Lucy doesn't want to come first. But since it's a masquerade ball, she came.

Maybe because Fairy Tail is coming to the ball? I don't know what happened why she left but I think it wasn't a good event. She wouldn't react like that if it isn't, would she?

Anyway, the Ball's theme is masquerade, which you already know, and it only allows pairs.

Guess who's the partners?

You guessed wrong!

Not Sting and Lucy, sadly. Lately Lucy's been ignoring him. Then one time she just suddenly became mad at him.

So anyways, Lucy's partnered with Rufus. They don't have a problem with it. Rufus is okay with any girl. While Lucy, well, she's left with no choice.

Rogue is partnered with Kanade. It's not so surprising. Rogue has always been the one to help Kanade before.

And well, me? Who else? Sting's my partner. We were left to each other.

"Let's go!" Kanade said, referring to everyone. We all boarded the train to Crocus, where the Ball will be held.

I sat next to Lucy and Rufus. Yes, I sat in the middle of them. Call me a breaker or a barrier or a moment killer for them. But I just don't like them for each other. I like Sting for Lucy and vise versa.

"'Excuse me' is a famous line, in case you don't know, Yukino." Rufus said with sarcasm but I ignored him.

"Hey Lucy!" I greeted her happily.