Sakura (Levi x Witch Reader)

Start from the beginning

Although it took an enormous amount of concentration, you disappeared in an instant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You appeared in a flash of black flame, right in the middle of the Eldian throne room. Ministers, courtiers, and soldiers all turned to look at you – your preternatural stillness, your regal black dress, your matching black mask. They knew who you were, and they were too afraid to say it. Too afraid to speak at all.

You didn't bother to introduce yourself. You simply said in a charming, deadly calm voice, "Well, quite a glittering assemblage. Who is in charge here?"

A pudgy, middle-aged man at the front of the room sputtered, "T-that would be us." You assumed "us" included the four other pudgy, middle-aged men that surrounded him.

"Is that right?" you mused, your lips spreading in a predator's smile. "Perhaps you can do me a favor, then. Bring me Captain Levi Ackerman – alive. Now."

For a moment, the room was silent. Then one of the men broke into a laugh. The fool. "Levi Ackerman? That man is slated for execution. You think you can just pop in here and demand that we give him to you?"

Your smile grew as you purred, "Who's demanding? I asked for a favor. It would only be polite to indulge me."

Suddenly, the room was surrounded by towering, black flames. All around you, people gasped and screamed. Some tried to run, only to find the doors blocked by your magic. However, while the flames covered the space, they did not burn. Not yet.

The fool who had scoffed at you a moment ago was now trembling, as were his four associates. He did his best to hide it as he declared, "You can't threaten this castle with fire! It's made of stone!"

Your smile turned wicked. "Your people aren't."

Panicked shouts could now be heard from the halls, and even from outside the castle. You allowed your flames to creep toward the minister's boots, until he cried, "Alright! Alright!"

Instantly, your flames vanished. You had never planned to burn innocent people in the first place – but these distinctly not-innocent pigs didn't know that.

The man swallowed, then said, "Guards, bring Levi Ackerman. Quickly."

As everyone waited on baited breath, another of the ministers dared to ask, "W-what do you p-plan to do with him, Your Excellency?"

"That," you replied sweetly, "is none of your concern."

After ten minutes spent in tense silence, eight guards returned, escorting Levi in chains. They weren't taking any chances, even though it was clear that Levi was unable to fight back.

Cuts and bruises covered every inch of visible skin, and you had no doubt that they stretched across his entire body. Although his head hung low, you could see that his beautiful face was swollen. Blood had dried in his black hair. He was so weak that he could barely stand, yet that inner strength that you loved so much kept him on his feet. He would not stumble before these people. These people, who had beaten him halfway to death while he was wrapped in chains, because that was the only way they could beat him. The cowards.

Your anger flared. However, you kept your face impassive as you said flatly, "It seems you've been busy." You advanced toward Levi, the guards dispersing with a wave of your hand. "Those won't be necessary." A snap of your fingers, and Levi's chains vanished.

You stopped in front of him, projecting your voice so the entire room could hear. "Captain," you purred, "your kingdom's officials have kindly given you to me as a token of goodwill."