Chapter 8

Alyson's stomach churned as they walked to the guest house near the main house. She didn't like the idea of fighting in front of the whole pack like this. She didn't feel her place was at the front of the pack as she thought that they approached the guest house.

"Now, Alyson to actually challenge him you'll need to declare your full name and rank in the pack, which is a warrior. You must say that you challenge Micheal Hart for his position of future Alpha. Then he'll accept since he cannot refuse a challenge. Then I'll grant my permission and set the rules," Alpha James instructs. 

"Is that all?" Alyson asks repeating the instructions in her mind.

"Yes, now call him out here," Alpha James says. Alyson nods determination filling her face.

"Future Alpha Micheal Hart! I issue a challenge against you for your position,"  Alyson says through the pack connection.

 Instantly she felt Micheal's words bounce through her mind, "you must've found the present I left for you in the woods."  His sick laughter echoed through her mind making a shiver of pure molten lava course through her.

"Alyson, you must no lay hands on him until he accepts the challenge and the rules are set," Alpha James warns.

"Easy, I can spit words back as well," Alyson said to Alpha James.

"So, it was you. I figured since Rebecca came back to the packhouse saying how she denounced you and that it was the best decision she's ever made. She said she couldn't imagine a world where a monster like you was allowed anywhere near Jasper. She even questioned if the two of you were even truly mates since she felt no remorse denouncing you."  Alyson said her words though partly a lie most of it was the truth.

"You little bitch! How dare you question me! I accept your challenge prepare to die, you half-blood," Micheal growled throwing open the guest house door. His hands curling into fists.

"Not only have you lost your family, but you're also about to lose the position in the pack that you so desperately clung to and to think you'll be defeated by a half-blood who can't even transform. Shame," Alyson mocked him watching his eyes practically glow in anger. He stocked towards her he was just barely able to keep himself from punching the daylights out of her.

"Alyson if you would officially announce the challenge," Alpha James says. Alyson nods with a smirk on her face.

"I, Alyson Grace Acherson, a loyal warrior to the pack challenge Micheal Hart for his position of future Alpha."

"I, Micheal Hart, accept the challenge for my title of future Alpha as presented by the warrior Alyson Acherson," Micheal grins thinking he'll rip Alyson apart in mere seconds.

"I, Alpha James Makioh, grant permission for this challenge of future Alpha. The rules shall be Micheal must fight in wolf form and Alyson, since she has no wolf form, is allowed weapons and any other abilities she may be blessed with naturally," Alpha James says his eyes going between Alyson and Micheal.

"Let the match begin!" Alpha James says. Instantly Micheal has transformed into a wolf and charging at Alyson.

Alyson scoffs, "Honestly," she says rolling her eyes at him as she does a flip over him. As she does so she grabs her hunting knife and flips it around to point at him. Alyson knows that if he gets on top of her there will be a very slim chance she'll be able to get out of the pin, he's more experienced and stronger than her but Alyson is smarter and faster, plus she's got a few more tricks up her sleeve than he does.

He goes to pounce again this time Alyson ducks and sticks her knife up and lets it cut him in the stomach as he leaps above her.

"Looks like you've gotten much weaker since our last fight, Micheal. Then again our last fight I wasn't at full strength, either. Either way, it makes you look like a child trying to be an Alpha." Alyson mocked making him growl dangerously at her. But it only made Alyson laugh.