Surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you've seen the last of me.

It’s Kongpob’s birthday. Well, according to the documents his alien boyfriend had forged it’s his birthday.

    Kongpob doesn’t seem to elicit the same excitement a normal human does when they’re greeted a happy birthday – though, Arthit figures as you grow old you lose that sense of excitement as well and look at it as a countdown, so he kind of understand.

    But, still.

    It’s Kongpob’s first official year in earth, and Arthit had thought about having a big celebration, but thought otherwise since planning for a part wasn’t really his thing, and he still has a lot on his plate.

    They had a simple lunch earlier at Bright’s bar together with his friends, and Kongpob’s. Bright had been more than willing to open up his bar earlier than planned – although Arthit thought it was just an excuse to party.

    Arthit didn’t tell his friends that today is Kongpob’s birthday until he invited them over for lunch at Bright’s.

    “Arthit didn’t tell us it’s your birthday,” Prem had said, clapping Kongpob at his back. “Happy Birthday, Kongpob.”

    “Thank you,” Kongpob had bowed, smiling, as the others circled him around with greetings.

    Beside Arthit, Alice walked up to him, bumping his shoulder, “Thanks for inviting me,” said Alice. “I wasn’t aware it’s Kong’s birthday.”

    “He doesn’t really say anything unless you asked him to,” said Arthit fondly. “And you’re welcome. You’re Kongpob’s friend no matter how evil you are,” he added, glaring playfully at Alice’s laughing face.

    “Oh, hush,” Alice took a sip of her drink, looking over at Kongpob and the gang as they laugh at something Bright had said. “Without me you’ll never get to where you are today . . . or at least it’ll take you more time.”

    “Couldn’t argue with that,” he grumbled. Arthit smiled against his own cup. He’s thankful Kongpob had found someone like Alice who took great care of his boyfriend at the café.

    Alice went to the group to chat with the others, Arthit choosing to stay behind, contented at the moment just watching Kongpob get along with the rest.

    “Thanks for inviting us,” Arthit turned to the entrance where Aim and May had just arrived. “Sorry we’re a little late, Aim had just discovered this new hair product, and he spent an hour in front of the mirror fixing his hair.”

    “We brought gifts!” Aim ignored May, holding two paper bags on his hands. His hair seemed to be kept meticulously – something Arthit really hadn’t seen from this other alien, but the change was welcomed.

    “You didn’t have to,” Arthit meant to thank the two for coming, and for the gifts, but Aim spotted the desserts table and immediately went for it with May towing behind him.

    “Sorry, P’,” May bowed at him before following the other, “He really gets crazy with sweets.”

    Arthit shook his head with a smile. Kongpob noticed the arrival of the two, and his eyes immediately lighted up with the recognition of his only alien friend.

    There was something contenting with Kongpob’s smile that made Arthit warm on the inside. It was nice seeing Kongpob with people other than him.

    They’ve come a long way – Kongpob had come a long way, and to see the connections and bonds his boyfriend had formed over the course of this year sent a sense of pride welling up in him.