Step 33: This world isn't centered around you.

"You? You're a pathetic weakling who surrounds himself with people to borrow their power," Itachi harshly replied.  

"Nii-san was forced to massacre the Uchiha clan," Sasuke explained, steamrolling over Itachi. "And the masterminds behind it were the elders of Konoha and the late Lord Third." 

When Lord Third died, Sasuke was unconscious and the rest of the kids performed a it's-definitely-NOT-a seance. Then, when Sasuke woke up, he celebrated Lord Third's death with me with water. Cheers! 

Itachi apparently wanted to mix violence and conversation, because weaponry was thrown at us. Thankfully, Baby and Sakura immediately deflected with their own kunai. 

"Take cover, Sensei!" 

"And don't look at his eyes!" 

So while I hid with Unconscious Mystery Child and Hinata, the rest of the kids grouped up to take on Itachi. First, Shino and Naruto started off with multiple clones and swarms of bugs to crowd Itachi. 

Itachi burned through the crowd with a fireball. Sasuke and Baby charged forward with close combat and mid-range attacks. While Sasuke and Baby dealt with Itachi at a closer distance, Naruto and Shino made another round of crowd distractions. 

"You can't attack us all!" Naruto's army of clones bragged in unison. 

Good Intentions responded by nailing a group of Naruto's clones with a handful of kunai. Shino added more buzzing distractions to the mess, all while Sasuke and Baby alternated between backing off and attacking Itachi. 

Intentional Itachi summoned crows to take care of Shino's buggy distractions while holding off Sasuke and Baby's attacks. 

Wait, where's Sakura? 

Just as I was about to ask Hinata, Itachi suddenly froze. He was completely trapped among well-placed wires and paper bombs attached to his person. I looked around, just as Hinata pointed upwards. 

Sakura was up in the trees, a coil of wire in her hands and paper tags in her pocket. 

"Woah! Nice, Sakura-chan! Time to finish him off!" Naruto formed his not-taught-by-Jiraiya Rasengan to end Itachi. 

Itachi merely responded by dissipating into a swarm of crows. 

"He's gone!" 

"You're still no match for me, foolish brother." 

And the battle continued.

*****

But Itachi wasn't about to be bested by some kids. 

He knocked Naruto to the ground, then let his crows deal with Shino and his bugs. Since Sakura had limited supplies, Itachi just evaded all the traps she had planted. 

Baby and Sasuke are left. 

The two kids glanced at each other and then charged forward together. Itachi, however, merely grabbed his brother by the throat and kicked Baby away. When Baby saw his fighting partner was being choked, he rushed forward, only to accidentally make eye contact with Itachi and fall under his genjutsu. 

Then, Itachi slammed Sasuke to the ground, pinning him just enough to make the boy struggle. 

"See? You did well with these people, but they'll only hold you back. You're still too weak. You don't even have the resolve to kill me," Itachi sneered. "What did I tell you?" 

"Sasuke-kun!" 

"Sasuke!" 

Unconcerned Sasuke looked straightforwardly at Itachi. 

"Nii-san, kill me." 

The actually-not-a-traitor traitor froze in surprise. 

Sasuke used stun! It's very effective!

*****

Itachi didn't lose his grip on Sasuke, but apparently, the minute change gave Sasuke the upper hand to form a Chidori in one hand to force his brother away at a short distance. 

Itachi faltered but hardened his gaze. 

"Killing you would be pointless. I gained power from killing those closest to me and those who were powerful." 

"Then kill your pathetic brother!" Sasuke countered. 

"Didn't I already say why I wouldn't kill you now?" Itachi said, stepping forward. "I'm waiting for your strength to come to its full potential and then take everything for what it's worth!" 

"Not interested. Find someone else." 

"You--you have no resolve!" Itachi spat, hoping to trigger Sasuke's emotions. "There was nothing more satisfying than killing everyone--our mother and father, our cousins, the rest of the Uchiha clan--all of them! Have you forgotten I took away your everything!?"  

"Yeah, I am still mad at you for the massacre." 

"Then avenge them! Or is your heart too cowardly? Have I set the bar too high?" he mocked. 

"But Nii-san, I remember...the night you killed Mom and Dad but left me alive, you cried." Sasuke shook his head. "You've always been too soft-hearted."

"Soft-hearted? Ha, the 'brother' you once knew is no longer here. I've succeeded in fooling you for years. Hiding my hatred for you and pretending to be the perfect older brother, clan member, shinobi." 

Sasuke didn't respond. 

"You? You're not my brother. What have you accomplished? You're nothing but a disappointment to the Uchiha clan." 

I shot a glance at Sasuke. That last bit definitely hurt. 

Sasuke exhaled slowly, allowing himself to calm down.

"Fine. You're either power-hungry or idiotically loyal. Pick one already and kill me. We don't have all day." 

Itachi hesitated, and Sasuke pushed forward. 

"That is, if you even have the resolve to kill me, Nii-san."