{Prompt R- 1} Analogical (Masquerade Ball AU)

So I had to change my prompt because I felt like it was flat and had no substance, I'm glad Pengi11 agreed to change it to this.  

Unedited

Virgil finished planting the marigolds surrounding his herb garden with a grin. He stood up and wiped his brow, smudging dirt all over his face. Marigolds are a natural insecticide, also yellow is a pretty color. It matched his gardening gloves. Virgil looked up at the psrtially cloudy sky, breathing heavily forok the work he just did.

Virgil looked back to the solitary cottage on a hilltop that he was proud to call his home. From the eastern window in the bedroom he shared with his husband, he could see how the runrise casts it's gorgeous light over the kingdom. It's a blessing from the gods to be able to see such a sight every morning. Life is amazing in a cottagecore environment.

Virgil sat back down, cross legged, in front of his garden. He had sweat running down his dirt-covered face. While he was trying to regain a slower, steady breathing pattern he was tackled by the sweetest Border Collie in the world. Virgil was suddenly seeing the sky again and had his back covered with dirt akin to his face and arms. He couldn't help but let the laughter pour out of his lungs.

His newfound view of the sky was blocked by his husband leaning over to get into his view, the border collie licking all over Virgil's face. Logan, Virgil's dear husband, wasn't known for frequent smiles yet he was wearing one. That sight was prettier than a thousand sunrises over the kingdom.

"You enjoy being smothered in dog."

"No duh, Logybear. Dog is the best thing to be smothered in. Especially if the dog I'm being smothered by is Wunjô."

Virgil sat up, pushing the puppy off of his chest. The dog flopped into his lap, showing their belly up to Virgil. Wunjô is such a good boy. On his collar is the rune that he is named after. It directly means "Joy".

 Virgil turned his head to the right and he was met with his husband, taking off his glasses and taking a seat adjacent to him. Virgil, taking the hint, closed the gap between the two of them. Their hands fell over eachother's and Wunjô hopped off of Virgil's lap. The dog gave them their space when they needed it.

Virgil watched as Logan's eyes opened once more, the sun hitting his mahogany eyes just right. Virgil was about to go in for another kiss, but the dog jumped back up on Virgil's lap and started licking the two of them affectionately. 

Logan pulled his face away and tried his best to put his glasses back on, but Wunjô refused. The border collie booked it to the other side of the yard with the glasses in their mouth. Logan didn't yell or get mad. He just sighed and stared at Virgil with the most bored expression on his face. Virgil already knows what he's going to say.

"Darling, could you go fetch my glasses? I'm blind without their aide."

"I got it, Logybear. One sec."

Virgil jumped to his feet and followed where the dog ran off to. He didn't bother running after Wunjô, he was just running in circles. Virgil caught up to him just going ham with the glasses in their mouth. Virgil kneeled in front of the dog and stuck out hid hand. Wunjô dropped the slobber-covered glasses into Virgil's hand.

Virgil returned to Logan with clean glasses, but a slobbered up hem of his shirt. He gently placed the glasses on Logan's face and pushed them onto the bridge of his nose. Boom! Logan can see now! Logan didn't apologize, he pointed behind Virgil. Was something up with Wunjô?

"Did you invite the Duke?"

The Duke!? The Prince of the Kingdom's brother? Virgil turned around. Yep, there he is. Duke Remus from the Kingdom. He was standing there with Wunjô in his arms, cooing to the pupper like a baby. Virgil's mood took a plunge into the abyss. He was the last person he wanted to see today.