Chapter XIII: Quidditch

A/N: Woah guys we hit 32K and #1 in #harrypotterfanfiction!!! I'm beyond words. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you're all staying safe during these uncertain times :)

~Blaise POV~

I lie in my bed, watching the beautiful figure who's sleeping peacefully next to me. Suddenly, however, she starts tossing and turning in an agitated way and mumbling indistinguishable words. Then, she wakes up with a start and I see tears running down her cheeks. She thinks I'm asleep and tries to stifle her sobs but I can't bare to see Ginny so upset. I shush her and wipe her tears away with my thumb, pulling her into my arms. Her breathing slows a bit.

"Don't cry, my love," I say, staring softly into her eyes and kissing her tear-stained cheek. "Tell me what's wrong."

She sniffs. "Just war flashbacks, I don't even want to think about it."

I sigh and stroke her hair.

"It's okay, you're safe with me now." I reply.

Ginny nods and rests her head on my shoulder as we drift off to sleep again.

The next morning, I awake and see Ginny lying next to me, staring up at the ceiling. I lean over to kiss her and glance at the clock. To my astonishment it's only 7:15am. I get out of bed and ask Ginny what she wants to do today.

"We could bake?" She suggests. I've never done it before so I agree, eager to have a go.

We get changed and head downstairs to the kitchen, which is empty except for some house elves who are preparing breakfast. They offer us pancakes, which we graciously accept and then we set to work.

Ginny tells me about a cookie recipe she's been using since she was little and recites it from memory. House elves scurry around, collecting jars and bowls of ingredients for us to use.

We make the dough fairly quickly and I eat the chocolate chips absent-mindedly.

"Hey! Stop, we need those!" Exclaims Ginny, chucking a handful of flour at me. I dust it off my face and hoodie and get her back by sprinkling some in her hair.

"Great, now i look like I have dandruff!" She sighs. I catch her eye and laugh. She cracks a smile and grabs an egg, which she aims at my chest.

After pretending to fall on the floor from the impact, definitely pretending, I leap up and pick up another egg. I then wrap my arm around Ginny's waist from behind and before she can move I crack the egg over her head. She screams and laughs as the cold slime drips down her face.

The air is soon thick with flying ingredients and we shout and laugh. The house elves dodge flying eggs, butter and milk as they continue their jobs.

Eventually, we stop as the timer sounds for our cookies. A house elf pulls them out of the oven and sets them on a counter to cool. I'm desperate to try some but Ginny slaps my hand away saying they're too hot and that we should go and get cleaned up.

We traipse up the stairs to my room and peel off our filthy clothes. I get into the shower and start singing as I try to scrub the egg out of my hair.

~Ginny POV~

I pull my hair out of it's ponytail and flour falls from it. I smile at the fun me and Blaise just had and realise quite how brilliant married life with him would be. Shaking my head and smirking at Blaise's singing, I get off the bed, where I was waiting for him to finish, and walk into the bathroom.

The shower is encased in glass, which is all misted up from the steamy water. I slide the door open and slip inside.

"Room for one more?" I ask, looking intensely at Blaise, who stops singing mid sentence. I smirk as he lowers his eyes and I watch him for a second before reaching out and tilting his head back up to meet my eyes.