CHAPTER 7: RESCUE

Start from the beginning

"He has a point. Clearly, according to the statement of RED BUTTERFLY,  its like the kidnapper is using the victim to propose a contract that involves marriage..." my best detective replied while thinking deeply. "Since she didn't accept the proposal, I believe that the kidnapper will continue to keep the victim for himself as a plot against the mother... am I wrong?" he raised his eyebrows after glancing at me.

I never cease to believe him because his brain is the center of my mafia.

"You might be right. But what if, the kidnapper really intends to kill the victim?" I asked.

"Good question. But, what's the use of his actions in going far to kidnap the victim if he's just going to kidnap him then kill him in his whereabouts. Isn't that a little too wierd for a skilled kidnapper?" he replied with a little frown.

He's right.

I nod. "I believe that the kidnapper is Dark Salamander. If he kills the victim, it will make him look like a fool if he lose patience over a child."

"Last question." Alex stood this time. "Is the safety of the victim secured after having a rendezvous with the kidnapper?" She asked with coolness.

"That is why we're all here. We are to have a quick plan on saving Takeru's son." The best detective replied with half of smile on his scarred face.

"We finished tracking the car used to take away the victim. The car is abandoned ten kilometers away from here and we believe that they tried to make us lost track of them. We continued tracking them them awhile back and we found Dark Salamander's helmet on a narrow way. That's the only lead we have for now," The head of the tracking team informed while adjusting the lens of his gun.

"As for the spying team, we believe that they are other men who are with the kidnapper and we found some evidence of their identity. We'll be investigating the other men to find their whereabouts so in that way, we can capture them if they'll escape. It's just in case." One of the spies said.

"Everything is settled then. I called the police and asked for approvement of us to solve this crime. They approved since they're are busy solving other crimes. We have no problem now regarding the police since its legal." Another detective informed.

"What do you suggest we do?" Alex asked.

"We have the tracking team sent to lead us," the third planner stated.

"Then we sent the military trained men to rendezvous the place if found. Besides, I believe that if Dark Salamander is going to kidnap someone, he'll have people outside his whereabouts to protect him since he's also a head of a mafia. Our men can take them down, more or less. I have trust in our team." The fourth planner continued.

"We can't carelessly bomb or shoot the place we'll find because the victim is with his kidnapper so be careful." The head of the planning team continued.

"As much as possible, please do it as clean as you can. Avoid unnecessary victims and disturbance when you do this. We'll be there to take actions if the target escapes." The other detective stated in worry.

"What if the victim got killed on the process?" Alex suddenly cut in with the conversation.

"You worry too much Red Butterfly. You should learn how to trust your team." Another planner stated with a smirk.

"But--" she still tried to butt in but I cut her.

"Didn't I tell you? This team is already a family and we promised you that we will save Ryota at any cost." I told her in an assuring way. She closed her mouth in response and bowed her head.

"You're right. I just worry too much. After you save my son, I give you my full faith. Please continue." She humbly replied.

"We don't know the number of opponents we have there but we have secondary and tertiary reinforcements if needed. I'm going to be the captain of the team." I glanced at my wristwatch. "Let's assemble outside within three minutes then let's go."

They all agreed as we part ways.

***

Everyone is already inside their non-tracking and ragged cars so we'll look like normal civilians.

"You stay in the car. I know that you want to come with us but stay low. You'll just be a spectator." I told her before putting my mask and started the plan.

"Okay. I'm putting my faith on you for the moment." She replied and sat silently beside me. I sigh in response and started driving towards our lead.

The trackers pointed the narrow way where they found the helmet and we stopped our cars to walk silently for a silent rendezvous. It's getting dark so it helps much.

After a couple of minutes walking, we found nothing deep inside the forest.

"Nothing's here." One of my military trained men whispered. "But something's wrong about here. There's no way humans will turn the lights on in the middle of the forest. They'll be spotted easily."

"I don't think its light. It's a laser. Looks like they knew we're going for them." I smirk then held on my earpiece. "Let's go to plan B. We'll rendezvous by team."

After a few minutes, the spying team started doing their work. Well, more enemies just got triggered and I think enemies are multiplied.

"Team Military, advance." We all went out for an all out attack. Most of my men were shot but all of the men coming out from somewhere are down. Reinforcements from my team came to action, the aiding team.

We followed the tracks of those men coming from somewhere and we discovered, it's not just any ordinary house. It's a house hidden underground between the forest.

"Surprise, m****rf****r!" A voice shouted from the door I was about to barge in then started showering us with gunshots. I tried as hard as I can to hide and avoid those shots but I think I got shot on my right shoulder.

I had no other choice but to shot back.

"You okay sir?" One of my men asked from my earpiece.

"Don't worry about me. I don't die easily." I got one of my smoke bombs and threw it inside the door where gunshots came from.

Not long after, the gunshots stopped so I went in with my gun on my left hand. I'm surprised to see a dark and empty room around me.

"Sir, there's an escape route over here." One of my detectives said from my earpiece.

"Aren't you suppose to catch them when they escape?"

"Yes sir but... I don't think we got them. There might be something wrong with our plans because someone seemed to know our motives." he replied.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"After we took down most of their men, they escape after you threw the smoke bombs. Unknowingly, they already escaped before we could get their leader. They made us look like fools coming here." he sighed.

"You mean to say, someone informed them that we'll ambushing this place with a perfect plan. That is only..." I turned my fist into a ball.

"Yes sir, there's a traitor in our team." He replied.

***

Late update. I'm sorry. I couldn't open my account the past months but I'm back now.

Love you all🥰🥰

PS. I tried re-reading my completed book and I'm rolling on my bed with embarrassment. I can't believe my how bad my grammars are.

How's my grammar this time? I hope I improved.😅