CHAPTER 3: FORBIDDEN LOVE

ALEXONDRA'S POV

I was rushing towards the elevator to catch up with the time as the secretary of Engr. Ares Kings. It's not that hard to be a secretary but it's the only job I have left.

Since Takeru's death, his financial business was taken by his sister. Remember that time when I caught Roberto cheating on me? The girl is Takeru's sister and yes, exactly, the girl who I saw with him in his condominium but it doesn't really matter now because my twins are the only treasures that I should take care.

Even when Takeru's business has the papers to be given to me, his sister threatened me not to accept it because she's still his sister and has the right to take a hold on his business but I will not hide the fact that Takamasa and Ryota were the rightful owners. They weren't just in the right age but I won't think of that for now. I just want them to finish school.

"Good morning, sir." I greeted peacefully to Mr. Ares Kings as he nod at  me and continued his work. Exactly, he's one of Roberto's big brother.

Since I've sent my boys to school, I'm determined to have my work peacefully.

"Good morning, beautiful." I greeted to the cute and beautiful Alice, Mr. Ares Kings's only child who was sitting on the carpeted floor, playing.

The month old baby girl bubbled with a smile while playing her doll. I grabbed the files I need to fix today and brought them to my table which is beside Mr. Kings's table. We're divided by a tinted wall so... yeah. That's how it works.

"Mrs. Kashimoto, prepare for an interview later. We need a new receptionist. My wife wouldn't be here because she went to the hospital for her monthly check up." Mr. Kings announced.

"Noted, sir." I replied professionally. I couldn't help it but to frown. "What happened to Ellie sir?" Ellie is the company's recent receptionaist.

"She's pregnant and she must not be stressed. We just need a temporary replacement for her until she gives birth then she can come back." He stated seriously.

"Got it, sir." I continued my work while typing on the computer.

After some hours, I was almost done and ready for the interview. The PA called saying there are lots of interviews today that they almost fall on the line.

"Sir?" I called as he was making Alice drink her milk. He turned to me. "The interview, sir?"

"Please accomodate them on the third floor."

I quickly stood out of the office to call for the interview. I almost choke to see the line for the interview, it's so long. Just a temporary work but many were wanting to be hired.

"Sir, they all are ready." I called on his door after running again from the third floor.

He carried Alice and as I walk behind him downstairs for the interview.

We already get to the third floor and settled. He was sitting on the center with Alice beside him while I was standing to read the documents.

Just as usual, girls enters and got interviewed and as a secretary, I managed to take a hold of their quarters and look into their infos.

But later on, a girl who I didn't expected to attend came inside confidently and straightly. I didn't know but my heart joilts up in anger with my stressors as a secretary. I couldn't help but raise an eye brow at her.

"Kagome Kashimoto. 26 years old. Manager of the Kashimoto botique and also the owner of the Kashimoto lodge and hotel. Why are you applying as a temporary receptionist when you're already rich?" I asked nonchalantly with raised eye brows.

Yeah... she's my late husband's sister, the girl I'm talking about awhile back, Roberto's fling whom I saw with him years ago in his condo and the aunt of my twins. Mr. Ares Kings seemed to know the tension between us girls.

"Are you the CEO here?" She asked bitchily that made me almost want to strangle her but I composed myself not shot back curses.

"Please answer her question Ms. Kashimoto..." I felt relieved to hear Mr. Ares Kings to side me. Kagome's lips fell and cleared her throat. She glared at me before answering.

"I want to have an experience in having a business. Since my brother died, he passed his business to me..." I frowned. Takeru has a will as far as I remember and I never heard him say that he'll pass his businesses to Kagome. "I didn't experience life in business world so I'm willing to do everything that I can to uphold practices in myself for the sake of my businesses. I can do everything."

I puffed silently.

"Like what?" Mr. Ares Kings asked and raised his left eye brow.

"I can guard the whole company, I always come on time, I accomodate many employees and I can also be negotiable and sociable. For me, I can also train myself to be a great woman for my man in the future." She replied and smiled afterwards.

Mr. Ares Kings seemed okay while asking for Kagome's documents which I gave acidly while raising eyebrows to her all these time. She gave me same bitchiness too.

"Okay... last question..." Mr. Ares Kings asked. "Are you married?"

I smirked at her.

"Not yet." She stated and winked. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

Mr. Kings nod in satisfaction before calling the next applicant. Kagome glanced at me and flipped her hair before going out. I almost want to smack her eyes with this pen I'm holding.

**********

It was almost eleven PM when I arrived home from work. Thank God that Mr. Kings lets me go home already.

"Boys, I'm home." Still in Japanese tradition to announce when you're home, I already expected my boys to be asleep. I smiled while turning on the lights.

What didn't surprize me is Roberto, sleeping on the couch, looking so pitiful. His big, tall and muscular built was so not fitting on the small couch. His legs were falling on the floor.

I don't care, he's been like this eversince.

I changed my clothes and did my job tonight which is to restore and watch the CCTVs all over today.

I was checking out the videos when something caught my eye. I kept on replaying the videos to see these visions.

The CCTV in my old room where I kept Takeru and mine's photos.

Wait... is that...

Oh gosh someone was sneaking inside the room. I kept on replaying the camera if my eyes aren't mistaken.

I felt imaginary smokes running out of my ear. Especially when his lips landed on the frames. I shut the video and glared at the sleeping Roberto behind me.

I turned back to the video after cooling down and opened another video file. There is a man in mask, his face is not clear but I clearly see an envelope that he left on top of the coffee table.

I turned to look at the coffee table and there's the envelope. Shakily, I opened it. It was another creepy letter again.

"To Kings."

It said there. It's probably for Roberto but what bugs me is the ink oozing on the body of the letter.

"Take care of the Kashimoto family. They'll be yours one day."

I frowned. Huh?

This letter has no sense.