CHAPTER 12: ROBERTO

ROBERTO'S POV

I can hear the hospital machine beside me. I don't feel like standing or sitting but I feel like I want to die from these pains all over my body. My body feels numb and I feel heavy headed.

My head throbs and my body aches though bandages were hugging my scars.

"Hey." I slowly opened my eyes and see my big brother Jaime sitting beside me in this big white room. My sight is blurry but I can see and recognize my brothers. I blink multiple times again to widen my weak vision.

"Good thing you're still alive after those gunshots you catched..." I heard my other big brother, Keith, stated while doing something on his finger.

Jaime and Keith. My twin big brothers who were always so supportive when it comes to us, their little brothers. Both of them are wearing their business suit and I'm sure they probably just came from work to see me.

I can't remember too many details but I know what happened before I pass out.

flashback---

"Ryota!!!" I covered him from Dark Salamander's outslaught. Ryota was shaking in fear as I give in everything that I can to protect him.

I remembered my promise to Takeru that I will take care his family at any cost. Even if it means giving my life.

"Playing saviour huh?" I heard Dark Salamander's remark before shooting me in my vital points where my bullet proof's limit is. I was bleeding all over but my body can no longer hold it but at least, I saved someone's life.

Alex... She's the last person in my mind before I heard gunshots and Dark Salamander suddenly stopped attacking. I closed my eyes during that time even though I'm listening to Ryota's cries for me.

end---

I tried getting up on my own but my abdomen hurts like bitch. I closed my eyes on pain.

"Don't push yourself too much. You need to rest." Jaime stood and pushed me lightly back on the white bed. I just noticed my clothes were pure white and I can see lots of blood stains around it. They're probably from me.

"You've received 37 shots on your vital organs and exactly 14 shots on your shoulders and legs. It's a good thing that you're wearing bullet proof or you'll be dead by now. I'm amazed that you endured that far for a kid and you're still alive." Keith stated with a little smile while reading a bunch of report papers on his hands.

I scoffed and smiled.

"Don't underestimate your brother. I don't die that easily." I bragged as Jaime chuckled while folding his arms on his chest.

"You've become a real man, Roberto." Jaime said. "Looks like you've finally understood the true meaning of life."

"Speaking of real man, have you told that woman that you love her?" Keith asked mockingly. Jaime grabbed a paper on a nearby table, crumpled it and threw it at Keith.

"He's still recovering and you're asking that question. How about you? Have you told your wife about that time when you tried hitting on Dad's secret---" Jaime stopped talking after Keith threw the paper works at his block head.

"You didn't even told your wife how you dated another girl after you impregnated her. You're such a glib!" Keith roared back as Jaime tried to catch him.

I was chuckling as they chase each other around the room like children. Oh heavens, this brings back memories during our childhood. My body is aching but I want to laugh so hard as Jaime climbed Keith on his back like he's riding on a horse. They were so childish that you cannot believe that they are CEOs and professionals.