30| Resilient DNA

Beginne am Anfang

"Shshshhh, it's okay. I'm right here and your still here. We're okay," Waylon gently coos as he rocks me back and forth. I didn't feel the tears escaping my lower eyelids until his shoulder felt wet to the touch and he rubs small circles into my back. 

"Hey, why don't we go take a nice hot shower to relax you baby, you're so tense," Wei suggests and I nod, sniffling slightly as I pulled away from him and he gently wiped my tears with his shirt.

"I've got you baby," Wei reminds me as he helps me get back up and gently guides me to the bathroom.

He turns on the water in the rain shower for me as I slip out of my shorts and walk into the steaming hot water, letting the flaming hot droplets fall to my skin. 

Waylon comes in behind me and I feel his hand on my back as he turns me around to face him. His smile brings light into my dark as he stands on his tiptoes and kisses me. 

Sorry, I was trying to show Umiko that we carry pain too. I didn't think it would carry over. 

It's alright Flynn

My wolf apologizes and I kiss Waylon's forehead where Umiko was hiding. Running my hands down his soft skin to his small pregnant tummy where he already had a noticeable bump after just two weeks.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he runs a small luffa over my chest and I clear my throat. 

"A lot better, sorry if I scared you," I apologize and Wei clicks his tongue. 

"Never apologize for things that are out of your control my love," He reminds me and doesn't even ask what I dreamed about. He knows I'll tell him when and if I'm ready. But I'd rather not bring any more darkness into our beautiful life.

I've moved on and proved him wrong. 

After showering we return to bed since its only three in the morning and I wrap my arms around Waylon as my comfort, burying myself deep in his scent. 

"Waylon,"

"Yes Alexei?" 

"Do you still think I'm dangerous?" 

"No baby, you're a big teddy bear." 

"Does that make me weak?"

"No, those who are unable to show their vulnerability to the people they love make the weakest leaders. At least that's what my dad always told us," 

"Oh, I like your dad,"

"He's kind of annoying sometimes but I love him too. I guess I got the luck of the draw with four incredible male role models in my life," 

"Mhm,"

"You know our baby is also very lucky," 

"Why's that?" 

"Because they will have you to love them unconditionally, teach through their hardships, and forever make them laugh with all your strange antics," 

"Strange? Since when have you thought I'm strange!" 

"Since forever!"

"I'm offended,"

"No your not, come here," 

"Hmp,"

"Alexei," 

"Apparently, it's Mr. Strange to the likes of you," 

"You're so stupid,"

"Is our baby going to be strange too?"

"Oh god, don't tell me it's in your DNA," 

"What do you mean? You wouldn't have had a baby with me if you knew!"

"Now you're just being dramatic, I can see you smiling." 

"God damnit," 

***

"Congratulations on your pregnancy Alpha Alexei and Lunos Waylon," 

Dr. Evee bows as she takes Waylon's pulse and draws his blood while I stand beside him, holding his soft hand in mine. She takes a few notes and flips over the bottles before rubbing the gell over his stomach. 

"I must say Lunos, your size is larger than average for another person at your stage in your pregnancy. It's usual to be just barely showing but your very prominent," She continues and Waylon bites his lip.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks and she quickly shakes her head as she places the doppler. 

"No, it's probably because the baby is large due to becoming the next alpha or..." She drifts off when she sees the screen and we both hold our breath, hanging onto her next words but she says nothing. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask, feeling Wei's happiness quickly shift to fear as she searches further. 

"Yes, I'm sorry. Just double-checking to make sure I'm correct," She points to the monitor where it looked like a bunch of static, some bubbles and three strange shapes.

"So this right here is your baby," Dr. Evee points to the little alien shape in the bubble that kind of makes me want to laugh. To think that tiny little being is going to be my entire existence one day. 

"And this right here is your baby," She twirls the little doppler on Wei's stomach, showing us another view of the little one. 

"So is this," She points to another circle with a shape that looks a little different from the first one and Waylon gasps, cupping his hands to his mouth as he tries to contain himself while I just scratch my head a bit in confusion.

"Wait, but how is the same baby in three different positions at the same time? Or is it just the ultrasound doing that?" I ask and my voice cracks a bit making it more like a squeak. Waylon and Dr. Evee both look at me but it's Waylon who's the only one who can look at me like I'm the dumbest guy on the planet. 

"Alexei, please tell me you don't...you do know what she means right?" He asks and I open my mouth to talk before quickly closing it and shaking my head. Nope, I know nothing.

"It's okay Alexei, I understand if you've never seen an ultrasound before. What I meant is this is baby A, this is baby B, and this little one is Baby C. You're going to be having triplets Alpha Alexei," She confirms and I stare at the screen for a bit in disbelief. 

"Triplets? Are you sure?" I ask her and she chuckles a bit. 

"I am 95% sure with all things considered. They're in the perfect condition for it to be easy to tell here," She says and I just think for a few moments. 

Triplets. 

Not just one baby, but three?

"I think I'm gonna faint,"