Chapter 78 - The Fate of All Fools

Your head is throbbing with pain as you opened your eyes. You're laying in the bed and you see Clem pick up a shiv off the ground. She looks at Violet, then at you, she gasps as she kneels down next to you and puts a hand on your shoulder.

Clementine: Are you okay? You feeling alright?

Y/N: I'm good... is everyone else okay?

Clementine: Yeah... but Violet... She wants nothing to do with us.

Y/N: What? Why?

Clementine: She thinks we betrayed her.

Y/N: But we came back for her?

Clementine: That's what I told her, but she won't listen.

Y/N: Fine. Let her stay, but I'm not gonna be some slave killing machine for Lilly.

Violet: Fuck you, Y/N.

You hear the cell door open.

Lilly: What was that Y/N? You'll join my army, one way or another.

Clementine: Like hell we will!

She chuckles.

Lilly: It's funny that you kids think you got a choice. Now, where's Able?

AJ: He's dead! We killed him, we put a knife in his head.

She walks out your cell and over to AJ's. You got up and walked over to the door.

Lilly: Fuck you, I'll make sure you regret that.

Y/N: He wanted mercy, and I gave it to him.

Lilly: Yeah, I'm sure you did.

She pulls out her pistol, turns off the safety and aims it at you.

Lilly: Back up.

You backed up and she slowly walks in.

Lilly: With everything you and Clem done, I'd love to shoot you both and toss you overboard. But then I'd wasting something so... valuable. If I bring you two back to the Delta, it will make all this trouble so worth it. 

Y/N: News flash. We're are not some fucking prize.

Lilly: Heh. I see you still have a good sense of humor.

She walks over to the bed.

Lilly: I'm sure you two remember my father, Larry? Yeah, he was a military man, and when I was a kid, he had all kinds of rules. The thing that bugged him most was waste. If I ever left the light on after leaving a room, he'd flip. He always ranted about the cost of electricity, but I could never remember to flip that switch.

Y/N: Can you just get to the point already?

Lilly scowled at you.

Lilly: I never turned the lights off, so, he let our power get cut. He always like to show that actions have consequences.

Clementine: I'm missing the point, here. Your dad was an asshole, so you're an asshole? Is that the consequence?

Lilly: The consequence was that I never left the lights on again. He showed me the effectiveness of teaching by example.

Clementine: So, this is just one big lesson?

She walks closer, but Minnie aims her crossbow at her. Lilly signals her to calm down.

Lilly: Let me tell you two a story. A story I like to call: The Parable of the Twins. Two girls were taken from their home, and brought to a new place to live. They had to leave their friends and family behind, and that was at first. They shed a lot of tears. But the new place was a good place. The people there grew corn and raised pigs, and the twins ate well for the first time in years. They had hot showers. Clean clothes. Beds. They were given guns and trained to use them. The people there were kind to these girls. All that was asked in return was that they help defend the group.