Chapter 62 - Lost

Y/N: Oh, give me a fucking break!

AJ and Clem were slightly ahead of you as you all ran from Able. He soon starts shooting near you with his shotgun.

You ran faster and caught up with Clem and AJ. Another shot rings out and AJ falls down. You quickly helped him and started running again, you weren't sure if he fell or got shot.

Clementine went under a rock and you did as well. You lose track of Able as walkers started swarming him.

You both then find AJ sitting against a tree, clutching his now bloodied shirt. He hands Clem a small knife as walkers started to approach you all. You both kill a couple, and you were about to swing at another one, but it grabs your bat.

Y/N: What the fu--

They puts it's hand over your mouth. Clementine yelps, but they put their another hand over her mouth.

???: Stop. Too loud.

He let's go and slowly limps away. He grabs a rock and throws it at a tree, luring the walkers away.

Y/N: Not even ten minutes out here and someone already wants us dead... And AJ got fucking shot...

???: Follow.

The mysterious walker man calls out to you. You ran over, picked up AJ and followed him. He leads you all over to a tree.

???: There.

You laid AJ on the tree as the man gets a torch. You lifted up his shirt.

???: I'll provide the light. You keep him still, and the girl gets the shrapnel out.

Clementine: What? Me? 

Y/N: Want me to do it?

Clementine: No, no. I got it...

She starts removing the buckshots. AJ is groaning, but he's doing a good job of keeping it quiet.

AJ: I'm... I'm trying not to be... loud...

Y/N: You're doing fine, buddy. Just breathe.

The man pulls out some bandages and patches him up. Clementine picks AJ up and you all follow him to a campfire. She sits AJ down and you sit down next to him. She sits next to you and lays her head on your shoulder.

???: I didn't mean to endanger you. The walkers were sent to help you.

Y/N: Did you say sent?

???: I was apart of a group. Whisperers, they're call. They've learned to live in herds, among walkers. Move among them. Sometimes, even guide them.

Y/N: Well, were is this group? Why are you alone?

???: They attacked a community. I saw the carnage. Wanted no part of it.

AJ groans.

Clementine: How're you feeling?

AJ: Hungry...

The man hands you an apple. You take it and split it in half. Giving both halves to AJ and Clem.

Y/N: Thank you.

Clementine: What about you?

Y/N: Go for it. I remember you told me how you loved apples at the moter inn.

She smiles at you.

Clementine: You remember?

Y/N: I remember everything you tell me.

She splits her half in half.

Clementine: Here. You need to eat, too.

Y/N: You sure?