"I should think that perhaps it may be time to look for a temporary potions professor. If I can't find an adequate one before the start of term, we shall stay this year and I shall simply resist claiming you entirely. Does this satisfy you, imp?" Harry looked up at Severus sleepily.

"Only if you swear you'll feed from me every evening. I can't bear the thought of you suffering through the school year."

"Deal."

Twenty-seven.

Twenty-seven incompetent fools thought they knew enough to teach potions to the students at Hogwarts. All of them Severus had taught throughout his years at Hogwarts and absolutely none of them could produce a proper cauldron of Amortentia. It was sixth year material, how on earth did they expect to teach the NEWT students? He had even given each of them twice the normal amount of brewing time that they would need and each of them had mucked up the potion in one way or another.

Harry broke him from his thoughts.

"I take it that one didn't do much better than the rest?"

"No! They're all blundering idiots, if you ask me! How on earth they passed their NEWTs I'll never know." A letter made it to his field of vision and he stopped his rant in its tracks. "What's this?" Harry shrugged.

"It's a letter from Hermione. I went to visit her today since you were interviewing this morning. She asked me to give it to you." Severus took the missive and opened it.

'Dear Professor Snape,

'Harry tells me you're looking for a potions professor whilst you two settle into your new roles together once Harry passes his mastery. I'd be delighted to take on the role temporarily-just until you settle enough that you can return to teaching if you wish. I'm aware this could take many years. Although potions has not been my favourite subject, it is something that I am capable of teaching.

'Please consider this my official offer to teach the subject of potions for as long-or as little-as needed. I await your response via either Harry or owl post.

'Sincerely,

'Hermione Granger'

Severus looked up from the letter utterly perplexed. "I thought she had married Ronald Weasley?" Harry shook his head.

"Nah, they've decided to wait for that. Ron doesn't want Molly to fuss over them more than necessary right now and Hermione doesn't want kids so they're putting it off as long as possible to prevent Molly's so-called subtle hints at wanting more grandchildren."

"I see. And do you think she has what it takes to teach?" Harry rolled his eyes at him.

"She brewed polyjuice potion in a toilet in second year and tutored most of the Gryffindor students in her spare time-even the older years. She's less intense than she was during school and understands that not everyone learns as quickly as she does. I think she'd do okay and she's smart enough that if she has any questions or needs she'll either contact us or she'll tear apart the library until she finds an answer. Besides, if you're that worried we can always stick around until the holidays to give her pointers if you're that worried."

"Then I think I should bring her in for an interview, don't you?"

Hermione had surprised him with her knowledge. Not only did she brew an almost perfect sample of Amortentia, but she had invited him to ask her questions throughout the brewing process. She never once lost focus on the potion, even if she had to take a few extra moments to answer his questions, proving to him that she would be able to split her attention between questions, advice and spotting trouble.