𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

alyssa glared at jon, looking up at him. "are you coming or are you just gonna sit there for the rest of the night?" jon asked, slightly smirking at alyssa. alyssa stood up, "fine, let's go." alyssa said, jon laughing and throwing an arm around her shoulders. "let's go to the bar, birthday girl." jon said, the two walking out and getting into his pickup truck.

the ten minute car ride went by quickly, jon parked the truck. the lights of the bar shined bright, alyssa's face being lit up. alyssa took off her leather jacket, jon doing the same. she threw it in the backseat of his truck, "alright, let's go in." alyssa said, jon quickly shutting his phone off after texting cody rhodes back. jon locked his truck up and the two made it into the bar.

they walked further into the bar, suddenly a whole bunch of people yelled, "surprise!" alyssa's eyes widened, her mouth open in surprise. "holy shit.." she said quietly, all of her coworkers and some of her bosses were at the bar. "hi, everyone." alyssa said, thalia coming up to her and hugging her. "happy birthday, lyss!" thalia exclaimed, "thanks, thal.. but what's going on?"

"it's a party for you! duh!" thalia said, alyssa nodding. soon, everyone went back to their own conversations. once in awhile, everyone came up to alyssa wishing her a happy birthday. alyssa sat quietly on the leather bar stool, taking sips of her drinks. jon easily realized something was up, "what's going on?" jon asked. alyssa looked over at him, "huh?" she asked, swirling her straw around in her drink. "what's wrong with you?" jon asked, taking a drink of his whiskey.

"i just.. i feel kinda weird." alyssa admitted, "what? how come?" alyssa sighed, "i feel like i'm wasting people's time, you know? like nobody had to come today.. this whole thing didn't even have to happen. it could've just been me, you, thalia, and dustin. i just don't want to waste people's time." alyssa admitted, "alyssa, all these people chose to come here. it's not like cody is forcing us all to be here for work, we're here for you. not for work." jon said, alyssa shrugging.

"i guess but i just don't want to waste everyone's time, you know?" jon shrugged now, "i don't think you're wasting anybody's time. i mean look at everyone.. everyone's having fun." alyssa looked around. "i guess." she said, their conversation being interrupted by cody and brandi rhodes. alyssa stood up, hugging the two. "hi guys," she said, the two saying hello. "we just wanted to say a few things to you." brandi said, alyssa nodding.

"what's up?" alyssa asked. "well brandi and i wanted to say happy birthday to you, but we also wanted to thank you." cody said, "thank me? for what?" alyssa asked. "just for signing with aew, we're really, really happy that you're with us now." cody said, "really, alyssa. you were that missing piece in aew. having you as aew's first female commentator is amazing, we love having you and jr does too." brandi said, alyssa smiling.

"aw, thank you, you guys." alyssa smiled, "and thank you for doing this tonight.. this whole party." alyssa smiled, "i'm really grateful for everything that's happened these past few months. so really, i should be thanking you guys." alyssa said, jon smiling at her. "we really do love having you here. so happy birthday and thank you." cody said, alyssa smiling and hugging the two of them.

"alyssa, will you come with me?" brandi asked, alyssa nodding. she looked at jon, "i'll be back in a bit." alyssa said, patting jon's shoulder. she followed brandi rhodes to the bathroom, brandi closing the door. "what's up?" alyssa asked, knowing none of them actually had to use the bathroom. "so.." brandi said, the two were really close. brandi and alyssa had met in wwe and have been close friends since then.

"so?" alyssa asked, having no idea what brandi was trying to ask. "you and jon.. are you guys like.. together?" brandi asked, alyssa definitely wasn't expecting that. "what?" alyssa asked, startled by the question. "you heard me, girl. are you and jon together?" brandi asked once again, "no, we aren't." alyssa said, shaking her head. "you sure?" brandi asked, leaning against the counter.