All Eyez on Me

Chapter 11: All Eyez in Me
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hurry up, J!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs as I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently.

"I'm right here, stop yelling," Jordan huffed out as he came down the stairs finally.

"About time," I muttered to him. Jordan pointed his finger at me sternly and went to reply, but a knock on the door cut us off.

"I'm more worried about being there in time and the combine isn't even for me," I reminded him as he walked towards the front door and opened it slightly.

"Oh, grandpa," Jordan stated in a shocked tone as he opened the door enough for his grandpa to walk inside.

"Are your parents home?" Grandpa Willie asked his grandson.

"My dad's already at the field setting up for the combine and mom's got a conference," Jordan explained.

"Good, good," Grandpa Willie said as he nodded his head slightly. Grandpa Willie walked further into the house causing Jordan and I to exchange a confused look. Jordan followed after him and I closed the front door since he forgot about it.

"Uh... what-what are you doing here?" Jordan asked his grandpa.

"You stopped coming to see me, figured I'd come see why," Grandpa Willie admitted to Jordan as he sat down at the island and took a muffin from the counter.

"Well, you know, I've just been busy training for the playoffs and the combine," Jordan confessed as I came up next to him.

"You call what your daddy does training?" Grandpa Willie asked scoffing. Jordan gripped my hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

"I've been training him with and then afterwards El and I have gone to the gym and done some stuff as well. Trust me, she's intense," Jordan added as he gave me a quick side glance. I smiled for a brief second before the moment was ruined by Grandpa Willie chuckling at Jordan's comment.

"Thought you wanted my help and not some white ass girlfriend's help?"

"Excuse me?" I scoffed out in a shocked tone.

"There's nothing wrong with her helping me," Jordan snapped at his grandpa. "She pushes me just as much as you do if not harder."

"And we're not dating for your information, so you can drop the hateful comments," I added, rolling my eyes.

"The hands say otherwise," Grandpa Willie sassed back to me as he eyed our hands.

"Friends can hold-."

"I thought about it and I'm good, at least on the training, but I'm still down to hang out as long as you don't try to use me as an ATM again," Jordan stated, cutting me off and saving us all from a heated argument.

"Hmm, you know what?" Grandpa Willie questioned Jordan as he looked over at him. "How about breakfast on me? Hmm?"

"I can't today. I gotta get to the combine," Jordan reminded him.

"Yeah, we should head out in a few, if you want to make it there on time," I spoke up as I looked up at Jordan.

"What for? You ain't ready no how," Grandpa Willie rudely stated.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I questioned with wide eyes.

"Um, I mean, I was good enough for the college recruiters to invite me," Jordan spoke to his grandpa with a hurt look on his face.