All We Got

Chapter 5: All We Got
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You're kidding right," I stated with a slight chuckle. I can't believe her father's pin was his old jersey number.

"I wish," Liv admitted as we walked down the school's stairs together. We reached near the bottom of the stairs, but stopped due to Liv being sucked into the world of Spencer and Leila.

"Liv?" I questioned her as she watched Leila talk to Spencer. I sighed when I got no response. Leila walked away from Spencer right as I felt a presence come down the stairs and stop near us.

I glanced over my shoulder and found Baker standing right behind me as he leaned closer to us and whispered, "you know you're not allowed to be jealous of Leila talking to your brother, right?"

Liv turned towards Baker and I and gave us a look. "I'm not jealous and stop calling him that," Liv whispered yelled back.

I raised my eyebrows at Liv's comment before shrugging it off. Liv finally moved all the way down the stairs, allowing Baker and I to do the same. "Okay, how are you still denying it?" Baker questioned his sister.

"I mean you called the bank, Liv. You heard it straight from the source," I admitted, slightly agreeing with Baker as we walked down the hallway together.

"Dad's been making monthly payment for seventeen years. By the way, how old is Spencer today?" Baker asked Olivia, knowing that will make her see our side of this.

"It doesn't prove anything," Liv stated to us as she stopped walking and faced us.

"Okay, so let's find out who the monthly payments are going to then," Baker said with a smirk on his face.

"No."

"Olivia-," Baker was cut off by his sister.

"Have you ever once though about what happens if it's true, not just to us but to Spencer, to mom?" Olivia questioned her brother. Baker looked down for a second before staring back at his sister. "Our life as we know it would be over and it's a stone we can't un-turn."

"Okay, listen, you might be okay burying problems...," Baker started off as we followed after Liv, who turned to walk away from us.

"Hmm," Liv hummed as her lips formed a tight seal.

"But I'm not," Baker concluded. Just then Asher came walking down the hallway. Baker and Asher clapped it up as Asher continued to walk. "What's it gonna be?"

"The answer is no, Jordan," Liv stated to him sternly. "Some secrets are better left alone." On that note, Liv left Baker and I standing in the middle of the hallway together.

"I gotta get to class," I told Baker before leaving him alone in the hallway.

The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it, it was the next day later. I was chilling at JJ's house, currently trying to catch grapes in my mouth.