m.A.A.d. City

Chapter 10: m.A.A.d. City
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey babe," Mrs. Baker greeted her husband as she walked into the kitchen the next morning.

"Hey mama," Mr. Baker replied back with a smile on his face. I was washing my hands while Jordan grabbed something out of the fridge. I looked over at Spencer and gave his a smile.

"You prepping for Logan High?" Mrs. Baker stated as she looked over her husband's shoulder.

"I'm telling you, they look deceptively easy," Coach Baker announced as he shook his head.

"Yeah, well, we'll light 'em up, dad," Jordan stated to him as he closed the fridge door.

"Mitchell is on the end though," I reminded Jordan as I looked over at him.

"I thought he was injured," Liv stated confused.

"He-," Coach stopped himself before looking away from his tablet and looked at his daughter. Jordan and Spencer also looked over at Liv with a shook facial expression. I smiled at Liv and her knowledge of what's going on in the land of high school football.

"What? I'm a coach's daughter," Liv simply stated. "I pay attention. Plus, Stel isn't the only girl around here that knows this stuff."

"Okay, look at you," Coach Baker said impressed.

"Well Mitchell will be back by playoffs," Coach Baker explained to Liv. "So we need a game plan."

"Spencer, Jordan, Stella, we should meet up after school and discuss some options," Coach Baker concluded as looked back down at his tablet. "I need to throw in a wrinkle-."

"I can't today, sorry," Jordan told his dad, shaking his head.

"What? Wh-where you gotta be?" Jordan's father asked him confused.

"Promised Stella we would go see that movie she's been raving about since it came out," Jordan confessed, which caused me to give him a weird look. Jordan gave me a pleading look right as his father looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Baker. I don't want to infer with you, but-."

"No, no, it's okay," Coach Baker said nodding his head at me.

"I'll see you guys later, yeah? You coming, El?" Jordan asked me as he headed towards the door. I nodded my head and grabbed his protein shake that was on the counter.

I picked up my backpack that was on floor, near the door before handing Jordan his shake. "Thanks."

We walked outside and when we reached his car, I gave his a weird look. "What?" Jordan asked confused.

"Don't what me," I commented as we got into his car. Jordan started it up and let out a sigh.

"You're going to be mad at what the truth is," Jordan confessed as he lowered his head.

"Is this about Ripley? Do you want her back? Because if you do, I don't care. As long as she makes you happy then I'm happy. Best friends will always support each other no matter what."

"No El, God no. I don't want her back. I do not like Ripley like that anymore," Jordan stated as he shook his head. Jordan drove us towards the school as he continued, "I-I'm seeing GW after school."

"What? Why?" I asked confused.

"He's helping me with my football skills," Jordan truthfully said.

"You know your dad is not happy about that. He's going to kill you if he finds out."

"If is the key word. I'm not gonna say anything and I'm hoping you won't either for my sake."