The Choice Is Yours

Chapter 6: The Choice Is Yours
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"The Beverly Eagles are seconds away from a devastating loss to Culver City, the last-place team in the division," the announcer called out as there was less than a minute forty left on the clock. Beverly was only down by four, which wasn't too bad. I'm not going to lie. If we cannot pull something together now then this is about to be a rough post game.

"An upset today would cripple the chances of Beverly making the playoffs," the announcer continued.

I leaned towards Liv and Leila and went "could this announcer be nice for once in his life? He's bashing his own team." Liv shrugged her shoulders.

Liv, Leila, and I cheered from the stands as we waited for the final kickoff of the game. Culver City was kicking us the ball and I prayed Spencer could return the ball for some big gains that way Baker and the offence could have time to move the ball down the field.

"And there's the kick," the announcer stated as the ball went flying into the air. Spencer caught the ball swiftly as he didn't even have to move for it. Spencer took of running causing Liv to grab my hand in fear.

"He cuts left, it's a block and he's loose," the play by play announcer stated into the microphone for the whole stadium to hear. Spencer found a hole and took off running, even faster.

Some fans began to stand as Spencer made it down to the fifty then the forty. "Spencer is hauling it," I told Liv causing her to nod her head in agreement.

"He's got one man to beat," the announcer said with hope in his voice. Spencer juked the last defender out and continued to run. Another defender came out of no where around the twenty yard line before smashing into Spencer.

It looked as if he got nailed on the right side of his body causing Liv, Leila, and I to cringe in pain. "Spencer James with an electrifying return," the announcer cheered as Spencer stood up and spun the ball on the ground.

Spencer took his helmet off along with removing his mouth guard and looked towards the stands. He made eye contact with the three of us causing Liv to shake her head no.

"What's that about?" Leila asked Liv and I.

"Oh, um, Coop was suppose to be here," I explained briefly.

"Yeah, its Spencer's friend," Liv added.

"Oh well, too bad she missed it," Leila said as she flipped some hair over her shoulders. "He looks good today," Leila added as she bumped shoulders with Liv. I let out a small chuckle and shook my head at Leila's actions.

"Don't," Liv said jokingly.

"What?" Leila questioned innocently.

"The last time you tried to play matchmaker, I ended up in a hot tub with my almost brother," Liv admitted.

"He's not your brother," Leila said with a smile on her face.

"We both know that you trying to set me up with Spencer is more about you than it is about me," Liv stated to Leila.

"She's not wrong, Leila," I pipped in causing Leila to give me a pointed look. "What? I'm just saying Spencer and you clicked that first day you two met. I saw it."

"Hey, princess," Leila's dad muttered as he walked down our aisle. Leila stood up and hugged him.

"Hey, Dad. You made it," Leila said sweetly.

"Mm, how you feel?" Leila's father asked her.

"Good," Leila answered as they went to sit down. As they went to sit down, I noticed a girl with blonde hair standing beside Leila's father. I wonder who she is and how he knows her.