Chapter 12: Brought together - PART 2

Start from the beginning

                                                  *********

I sat there for hours, sitting on the cliffs edge letting my legs dangle over. The wind was against my back as it blew gently and I could smell rain.  He had been sitting there for a while now, I think that he thought I couldn’t smell him, but I could. I let my head hang down slightly and sighed, “Are you going to sit there all night and watch me?” I called out, not looking back at him. I heard rustling before he came out and he stood behind me, “Are you alright?” he asked. I didn’t answer and he sighed, “Look, I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I did something wrong. Please talk to me,” he said and I sighed, “I can’t…I can’t deal with this. I can’t lead a pack. It’s too much to handle,” I said, feeling tears in my eyes again, “I’m not a role model for children. I’m still young, I can’t handle this,” I cried and the tears fell free down my cheeks. ‘Oh Kadin’ I heard Jess and I cried harder. I felt warm hands on my waist, “Don’t touch me!” I yelled and threw my arms back but he caught them. He pulled me away from the edge and brought me into his embrace, “Let me go!” I cried as my free hand hit his chest hard. He held me tight, holding back whimpers of pain as I hit him, ‘Kadin stop! You’re hurting him!’ I heard Jess. I stopped, but continued to cry into his chest, “Kadin, you’re not alone in leading this pack. I’ve had to lead it alone for a while now. Please just calm down. We both have to lead this pack. Please calm down…just calm down,” he said and my crying died down to quiet sobs. He pulled me into his lap and held me tight, “Everything will be fine Kadin…we’ll work through this, alright?” he said and stroked my head. I held his shirt tightly, resting my head on his shoulder.
Why me?

(Derick’s P.O.V)

After a while she stopped crying and she fell asleep. I sighed, maybe I might have been a little hard on her, but she would have had to grow up pretty fast if she ran away from home, right? I managed to get her on my back and then I shifted. I still can’t believe she can get this far so quickly. I raced back to the pack house, shifted and dash to our room. I laid her down on the bed and pulled the covers over her then went for a shower. ‘Mark her,’ I heard my wolf, ‘No, I can’t do that. Not with the state she’s in. She’s too fragile and sensitive right now,’ I said and sighed and got out, drying myself, and pulling on some tracksuit pants. ‘She hasn’t eaten yet,’ he said to me and I sighed as I looked over her, ‘I know she hasn’t,’ I said to him and got into bed. I snuggled up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her to my chest as I fell asleep.

(Kadin’s P.O.V)
(Nightmare)

I’m in my room at the laboratory. There was gas drifting in through the vents.

Sleeping gas.

I panicked and ran around the room till I became weak and Nathan waltzed in with a mask on, making him ten times scarier than he already was. I tried scrambling away but my limbs were too weak, which made it easier for him to pick me up.
If other weren’t watching, he would have raped me by now.
He picked me up and carried me out and to another room. When oxygen began to fill my lungs, I tried to fight back, but my limbs were still weak. He laid me down on a cold metal bench and then the other people began to strap down my arms and legs. I began thrashing about and screaming till they plunged a needle into my neck which caused me to fall limp on the bench.
“Calm child. This is all for science,” the voice rang in my ears, “We’ll unlock your hidden potential,” a feminine voice said, a hand stroking my head gently. The shot they gave me was meant to paralyse me while they experimented on me. But after a while, it wore off. Whenever they wanted to take my blood they would hold me down, “It’s for science.” That sentence played over in my mind as they took my blood, me fighting back resulted in all my scars on my arms.
“It’s for science,” the words played around in my mind. It kept going and going, the voice getting deeper and deeper; almost demonic. Until finally it was deep and terrifying and that voice spoke, “Your time will come. Your time like this will end and your true form will take your place,” it rumbled and I found myself in a dark place and a terrifying red cloaked, faceless being stood before me, “Be afraid of the end…Kadin. For your life will end and you will no longer have your own conscious mind or body,” it said and morphed into a petrifying large wolf. Its size and height towered over me. Its beady red eyes bored into mine before it lunged at me and I screamed as it swallowed m up.
(End of nightmare)

I jolted awake, screaming. I pushed till I was against the head board and then curled up in fear, bringing my knees to my chest and my hands over my face, crying. I rocked slightly as I cried; why is this happening to me?
“Kadin?” I heard Derick’s voice but I didn’t respond, terror raked through my body, “Kadin,” he said again, worry clearly laced through his voice. I was shaking violently. I felt the whole bed shift as he got close to me. I didn’t move, he sat right next to me, then wrapped his arms around me gingerly. I couldn’t stop shaking. He stroked my head and shushed me, telling me everything would be alright and that it was just a bad dream. But it felt so real.
After a while I calmed down. My hair draped over my face as I leaned against Derick’s chest. He didn’t ask me any questions, he just held me. I shifted slightly, looking up at him to see him sleeping. I tilted my head. His expression looked worried yet caring. He looked frustrated but understanding. I stared at him for a moment, then found myself leaning up towards him. I was a little surprised by my movement but continued anyways and placed my lips onto his gently. He woke up almost instantly, his hands landing on my waist. I think he was about as surprised as I was at my action. I kissed him properly and found myself moving to sit on his lap, straddling him. My hands rested on his bare chest as I continued to kiss him, his hands resting on my waist properly. I pulled back, looking into his eyes slightly before kissing him again.
This was comforting me; his arms around me, roaming my body. His soft kisses against my lips. All this eased my nerves, ‘Because he’s meant to calm us and help us and help us whenever we need him. It’s what mate’s are for, Kadin. To love, to protect, to care for each other and enjoy life with,’ Jess explained to me, ‘He will do everything in his power to keep us happy and safe; and love us with every part of his soul,’ Kathrin said. Geez, wasn’t expecting something like that form her.
I defiantly want this. This feeling of tenderness and love made me feel so warm and bubbly.
I wanted to be with Derick…but I was afraid of being happy. I didn’t want anyone in this pack getting hurt because of me, especially Derick.
I felt him pull away and started placing gentle kisses down my neck and I bit my lip, moaning softly in response. He kissed over one spot in particular which made me moan and made my hands ball up into fists, “I need to mark you,” he growled hungrily and I found myself shiver at the sound of his deep, sexy voice and moaned a little. I nodded in response, “Do it,” I said breathlessly and he went back to kissing my neck. I felt his teeth graze along my skin and I moaned, a shiver racking through my body. His hands held my waist tightly as he licked up my neck and I moaned out and then gasped as he bit down. My back arched into him and I held his shoulders tightly, moaning. I felt the connection between him and I become stronger, it was almost out of this world. I bit my lip as he unlatched himself from me and then ran his tongue over my mark; I moaned in response, “Mmmm…that feels nice,” I mumbled, still on a high from the pleasure that’s racing through my body. I rested my head on his shoulder, bitting my lip and placing light kisses down his neck, ‘We have to mark him now. So other she-wolves know he’s ours,’ I heard Jess. She was a little antsy and I did as she told me. I licked up his neck and then pit down, marking him. He groaned and then I pulled away, licking over it, tasting a little blood. He moaned a little and I felt a smirk cross my lips. I came back up and fitted my lips with his. His hands roamed over my body, while mine held him along his jaw line. I felt his hands over my arse and I moaned in response. He pulled away but I whimpered and looked at him, “Kadin what’s going on?” he asked looking at me. I tilted my head, feeling Jess taking over, “You’re comforting her is what’s happening,” Jess told him and he frowned, “I don’t understand Jess, I mean, I don’t mean to complain about it but it was a little sudden,” he said, holding onto my waist, “Just let it play out, this is what she wants to calm her nerves,” she said to him and then gave me back control and I slumped down on his lap. He cupped my face and looked me in the eyes, “Kadin, what’s going on? Are you alright?” he asked with caring eyes. I sighed and leaned forward, resting my head on his chest, “I had a nightmare,” I murmured and wrapped my arms around his waist, “So you kissed me seeking comfort?” he asked and I sighed, nodding. He wrapped his arms around me, “Which led to us marking each other,” he added and I nodded again, “I don’t want sleep ever again,” I mumbled and he sighed, “You’re gonna have to Kadin,” he said and I shook my head. He lifted my head slightly so I was now looking at him, “Everything will be fine,” he said and I shut my eyes and nodded, “Alright, do you wanna go for a run?” he asked and I looked at him and shook my head, ‘No…I just wanna stay here with you,’ I told him through our newly formed link and cuddled up to him, nestling my face into his chest and my arms around his waist. “Aww, look, Kadin’s cuddling,” he teased, ‘Shut up,’ I growled and he chuckled, “Sorry little mate,” he said and kissed the top of my head, wrapping his arms around me.