Chapter 12: Brought together - PART 2

A/N
Hi guys, sorry its been a while since I last updated but I had a few things come up and I was just really stuck for a while, not on writing though, I have no trouble with that. Everything has just been backing and I finally cracked so yeah. But I'm all good now, so yeah, hopefuly I'll do better in updating now :)
Once again, I am sorry for not updating.
Anyways, hope you all have a great christmas! XD
-Acacia247 :P

Chapter 12: Brought together – PART 2

(Kadin’s P.O.V)

I sat on the bed, waiting for Derick to get out of the shower. We had walked back to his room so that he could have a shower before we went to the dining room. I had time to think about all that’s happened while I’ve been here. I’m still the same person I was before and after I was captured.
Am I?
After my escape I thought I was fine, but being with Derick and his pack has proven otherwise. I sighed and pulled a pillow to my face to scream. This is so frustrating!
I sighed into the pillow then pulled it away and took a deep breath. I need to calm down. I need to gather my thoughts and rebuild my mental walls before I become too emotional. I sat cross legged on the bed and took several deep breaths. My senses started to calm and I was able to think and rebuild my mental walls.
I sighed, relieved slightly and opened my eyes to see Derick walking out with his towel slung low around his hips. I looked over him as he walked over to his walk-in wardrobe and then disappeared inside. I sighed, slightly disappointed and concentrated but was interrupted when the bed dipped and I felt soft lips on my shoulder. I jumped slightly but sighed, “Sorry,” I heard Derick say quietly and I looked at him over my shoulder, “It’s alright,” I mumbled. I looked at what he was wearing, jeans and a hoodie, “Ready?” he asked and sat at the edge of the bed and I nodded slightly, crawling over to the edge and stood, righting my clothes. I walked to the door and walked out with Derick behind me. I started down the halls, my hands in my pockets. Derick came up beside me, “Hey, are you feeling better?” he asked and I sighed, “Yes, I’m feeling better…I never want to bite you though,” I said and looked to the floor. He shook his head, “I didn’t want you to starve. I had no problem with you drinking from me,” he told me with a smile and I sighed, “That’s not the point,” I mumbled and sighed, “What do you mean?” he asked and I sighed again as I stopped and ran a hand through my hair, “I mean…I’ve never actually taken from anyone,” I mumbled and looked to the floor again, “You’re the only one I’ve taken blood from,” I mumbled. I chanced a glance at him and the look on his face seemed a little surprised, “Then how did you get blood?” he asked and I looked to the floor again, “I took blood packs…it wasn’t pleasant but I got by,” I mumbled and leaned against the wall, “Hmmm….” I heard him and I looked up at him. His arms were folded over his chest as he thought. He nodded slightly and continued to walk to which I looked at him strangely, “Aren’t you going to question me about it?” I asked and followed after him. He looked back at me and smiled slightly, “No, because it’s part of your nature. I’m not going to question your other side,” he told me and I stopped walking as I stared at him, “But, I’m part vampire, basically your enemy. Wouldn’t you want to know why I haven’t taken blood from another in a crazed blood lust?” I asked and he stopped walking and then looked at me, “Do you want me to ask?” he questioned and I bit my lip and shook my head, “Well then I won’t ask,” he said and continued to walk. I stood there for a moment and thought. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice that Derick had walked back. He scooped me up and I squealed, “Holy shit, don’t do that! You scared me,” I grumbled and looked up at him, “I was thinking,” I mumbled and folded my arms.
“Sorry love,” he chuckled and I glared at him, “Don’t call me that,” I said and he smiled, “Why?”
“Because I don’t like it,”
“But what if I wanted to call you ‘love’,”
“Then you can say goodbye to any chance you want with this little hybrid,” I said simply and looked at him. He frowned, clenching his jaw and mulling over it before he smirked, “You won’t be able to leave though, so you’ll be stuck with me till you give in to the bond we have,” he said with an evil smirk and I scowled slightly, “What makes you think I won’t leave?”
“Jess and Kathrin,” he said and I scowled again.
‘He’s right, Even if you tried to leave, you know we wouldn’t let you,’ I heard Jess and I sighed, running a hand over my forehead, “Smartass,” I mumbled under my breath, “Well this body is mine. And I say you can’t have it till I say so,” I said, folding my arms but he still smiled, “I’m quiet aware of that Kadin. I won’t rush you,” he said and set me down in front of the doors. I glared slightly but smiled a little.
At least he’s honest.
 I opened the doors and saw that the table was full this time. I let out a nervous breath and Derick placed his hands on my shoulders, rubbing them slightly. I nodded and walked in to where I had sat before, then saw Rose and sat near her, “Hey,” I said to her and she smiled, “Hey Kadin,” she said. Rose was on the inner side of Paul, so if Derick had sat down, Derick would be sitting next to her, but I sat down so I took Derick’s seat, “That’s my seat,”
“Oh well, I wanna sit with Rose. So suck it up,” I say and he chuckled, “Alright,” he said and sat down next to me. I looked to Rose, “I’m sorry I tried to leave Rose. Like I said before, I’ve never lived pack life, and I don’t want to hurt anyone……and I didn’t realise how much it would affect you,” I said and half smiled at her and she sighed, “It’s okay Kadin…I just got too attached too quickly,” she said but I shook my head, “I wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t said those things,” I told her. ‘You would still be here, cause we wouldn’t let you leave,’ I heard both of them and I rolled my eyes at them. I was brought back when I felt the back of my hand against a pair of warm lips. I looked to my left and looked at Derick, who had his hand laced with mine, placing a kiss on the back of mine, “You alright? You zoned out for a minute there,” he said as he pulled my hand away, “Umm, yeah, I’m fine. I was just talking to Jess and Kathrin,” I told him and pulled my hand away. I took a glass of water and sipped it, looking down at my lap, resting my knees against the edge of the table. Derick frowned slightly, “You should have your knees down at the table,” he mumbled and I looked at him, “Why? You were fine with it last night,”
“Yes but we weren’t in front of big group of people last night. And plus, everyone here will be looking up to you, even the little ones. You are their Luna; they will follow you,” he said and then everyone’s dinner came out. I frowned and thought over what he said. Why haven’t I actually thought of this?
This is a huge situation…I’m running a pack of wolves. I looked down the able as realisation hit me. ‘Calm down Kadin’ I heard Jess and Kathrin, ‘That doesn’t help, telling me to calm down,’ I said to them and then looked down at my plate and saw steak and vegetables with mash potatoes. “When the cooks found out I found you, they wanted to show off,” I heard Derick and I stood, “Well you can tell them to stop,” I said and walked to the door, “Kadin, where are you going?” I heard him call out but I was out the door.
This is overwhelming.
I should have just left when I was going to. ‘Kadin, stop, you’re over thinking this. Remember the vision you had,’
‘It was a dream, nothing more. Just shut up’
‘Kadin if you leave you won’t be safe. Nathan will be after you and-‘
‘I don’t care! He can come for me, I’ll kick his arse!’

I fell caged for some reason. I don’t like this, I need out. I ran out the doors and bolted, tears rushing down my face. I didn’t shift, I didn’t want to. I just ran to the same cliff I had before. I wanna get away.