Chapter 13: Trust

Chapter 13: Trust

A while later, we got up and I gathered my clothes for the day and a towel, walking into Derick's bathroom. 'Share a shower?' I heard him in my head. I looked back at him; he was sitting on the bed. I smiled at him and he got up, walking to the door, "Nope," I said and shut the door in his face, 'Devious little mate,' I heard him and I laughed, stripping down and having my shower.

Once I got out, I dried myself off and put on some new cargo pants, and red and black lace bra and a black singlet, then walked out drying my hair. I went over and sat down on the bed and saw Derick walk in, with a towel wrapped around his hips, "Where'd you go?" I asked. That towel is a sin, I swear if it were any lower, I think I'd swoon, "To use another shower, seeing as you wouldn't let me shower with you," he said and walked past me to his wardrobe and then let his towel fall. He has a nice, tight arse. I quickly looked away, feeling a blush spread across my face, "I-I'm heading downstairs," I said quickly and left, hearing his chuckles from the wardrobe.

I plated my hair to the side, walking to the kitchen, "Hey." I heard rose's voice and I looked to her, "morning," I say and went to the fridge, "How did you sleep?" I asked and went to the bench.

"Good. Paul took me to his room. He doesn't want me sleeping in my room anymore. He wants me to move all my things into his room," she said and poured myself some milk, "Naw, that's cute," I say and look at her.

"It's a nice thought, but I don't think I'm ready yet," she mumbled and I tilted my head, "Hmm, well, you might want to think about it quickly, seeing as your first shift is coming up," I say and take a drink.

"Um, yeah, about that. My shift is actually tomorrow," she said and I almost chocked, "What? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, feeling a little hurt that she lied to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I'm sorry I lied. I didn't think that anyone would actually care," she mumbled in a mouse like voice and I sighed, "It's alright. Don't do it again though, please," I said to her and she nodded. I smiled slightly and went up to her, then hugged her, "Have we got any bacon and eggs?" I asked and walked back to the fridge, "Umm, yeah, I think we do," Rose responded and I found them, "Can you get me a pan, no, two pans please?" I asked, taking out the bacon and the eggs with some butter. I placed them on the bench.

Rose put the pans on the stove and I turned the stove on and put a little bit of butter in each pan, then washed my hands and started to cut the long strips of bacon up in half.

"How much are you making?" Rose asked and I shrugged, "as much as anyone wants," I replied. I frowned slightly...so then I'm cooking for the pack? Meh.

I started placing rations of bacon on the pan and cracked eggs into the other. I wasn't going to do anything fancy, just scrambled eggs and bacon.

After a while, people were flocking into the dining room and I had done at least three plates full of bacon and three bowls of scrambled eggs. Everyone in the pack was eating and I felt an overwhelming feeling rush over me. I felt hands on my waist and then lips on my shoulder, "This has got to be an improvement. You're providing, caring for the pack," I heard Derick mumble against my skin, "I think it's cause you marked me. I'm linked with everyone, kinda," I mused over it. Hmm, I can feel everyone's gratitude, especially the little ones.

Derick wrapped his arms around my waist, "I'm proud of you," he said and I felt a smile creep across my face, "It's like you opened up overnight," he said and I sighed, "Well, with the nightmare I had last night, I kinda need to open up a little," I say, "Pass me that plate."

"What was that about?" he asked as he handed me a plate, "Don't worry," I said and started to pile the cooked bacon on, "You were frightened by whatever it was," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist again, "It was just a bad memory," I said and went over to the counter to where Rose was serving the food, "Here," I said to her.