part eight- talking through

Start from the beginning

He giggled, "floor gang"

"Oh my god shut up" Dream spoke as he lightly and playfully shoved George off of him. "Alright food."

"Oh thank god."

---

The two brushed their teeth and got themselves ready before walking into the kitchen and sitting at the table.

George looked around at his messy flat, noticing the empty ramen cups laying around. "hey dream?" He asked, turning his focus to the sleepy Dream sitting across from him.

"Yeah?"

"When was the last time you ate a proper meal?"

Dream stared at him blankly, a nervous expression creeping onto his face.

"Dream!" he exclaimed.

"what! its comfort food ok?"

"No I'm making you something to eat."

"No you're my guest-"

"Yes and I'm making food. No complaining." George remarked as he stood up to begin searching his friend's kitchen for ingredients. He looked around in cabinets, grabbing all the necessary items. 

Meanwhile, Dream sat at the table watching George look around. He turned to look at his living room, catching sight of his unkept items. "I wish I knew you were coming, its such a mess"

"We can clean it together" George pivoted looking at dream with a smile. Dream rolled his eyes and replied "fine but I'm starting to clean it now."

George nodded and continued mixing the ingredients together. He paused, wiped his hands on a nearby rag, and reached for his phone. He opened his music app, putting on History by One direction and turning up his volume. 

Dream looked at him with a deadpan stare. "really?"

"what?! I like this song, plus music is a great way to wake up."

--

George finished cooking breakfast which turned out to be pancakes. He put the two plates on the table, sliding an apple next to Dream's plate. He lowered himself on to the hard wood of the chair, calling dream over as he did. Dream placed his garbage bag down and shuffled across the floor to the table, his eyes widening at the food in front of him.

"When you said food I thought you meant like cereal"

George laughed and shook his head. "Nope! also you have to eat the apple before the pancakes ok?"

Dream looked at george and rolled his eyes, a playful pout finding its way onto his face. "but you don't have one"

"I didn't do that" he replied, motioning to the abundance of empty cups laying around.

"fair"

Dream ate most of the apple in a short amount of time, for he just wanted to eat the pancakes. George giggled ate the haste of Dream eating and would make small jokes about it every so often. Otherwise, there was generally a silence that filled the room as the two men ate.

A couple minutes into their meal, George broke the silence hesitantly. In a soft voice George said "Dream... you know we need to talk about yesterday right?" Dream's heart rate sky rocketed at the thought of talking about how they fell asleep, his cheeks becoming a bright red tone. In a state of raw panic, he replied with 

"what do you mean?"

Dream exhaled at Georges response of "what happened? You seemed so happy recently." He chuckled and recalled the events of the prior night before beginning his story.

"Well, I was pretty happy you're right. Though I had kind of forgotten that part of breakups where the ex has to get all their stuff from your house. Sam showed up, way out of the blue may I add, not even a single text to let me know. She had brought her new guy over with her too." He shook his head, his eyebrows furrowing as he spoke. "It was the first time I had seen her since what happened. It was just so hard not to break down then and there and fall apart, but I tried my best to hold it together at least until she left. She kinda just waltzed in, took her stuff, told me she was going to come back in a week to drop off patches since she doesn't actually have custody of her, and just left. I barely said a word to her. That was only 20 minutes before you showed up too. It was just... I'm not sure... I guess overwhelming? Like I didn't have any time to prepare."

"Dream I-" He cut himself off, honestly unsure of what to say. 

"It's ok don't worry."

"But I am worried! She can't just show up with her new guy unannounced like that. I mean I'm glad you get to keep patches but thats just not ok."

"Its ok! seriously. I mean you came right after it happened and completely distracted me. Yeah maybe if you weren't here it'd be a different story but you were."

"Then I'm glad I could help."

"Me too"

------

sorry this took so long lmao.

I wanted to keep writing but you'll just have to wait for the next chapter oops