part six- opened up

(a/n this is directly after the last chapter)

"I really love you"

The words rang in Dream's head over and over again.  The little crack in his voice in the word love repeating itself almost like he was listening to a recording of it. His smooth, quiet voice constantly telling him the four words. Thoughts flooded his brain, but none seemed to be negative. 

George must have thought he was asleep right? Did he mean it? The word love could mean anything, it could be "oh I love you as my best friend," or "i love you."

Dream tried his hardest to convince himself that it wasn't the latter, but even he couldn't convince himself that that was true. The more worrying question in his itching at his brain was, why wasn't he uncomfortable? why did it make him want to smile? why doesn't he hate this? why did that same dumb warm feeling return? 

In the midst of his frantic thoughts he fell asleep, which was honestly what he needed. He was done going to bed sad and frustrated. He wasn't alone anymore. He had George there for him, so he should at least try his best to turn things around.

He woke up the next morning before George, surprisingly the facetime call hadn't ended.  He forced his eyes to open, the light pouring into his room making it difficult to let his eyes adjust. He let out a small grunt as he stretched his arms, turning himself to look at his computer. He could see George sleeping peacefully, his eyes shut and his mouth parted ever so slightly. He smiled to himself at the sight of his friend before him, his smile faltering as he remembered his dilemma from last night. a confused expression laced his face as he continued to ponder if what he said was true. He wondered who he could ask, though his first thought was George. That might be a bit complicated to talk to George about that. 

Dream thought for a moment before remembering he hasn't said a word to Sapnap to let him know he's ok. Pressing his hands on the bed, he pushed himself up and onto the floor, grabbing his phone and searching for Sapnap's contact. Just as he was about to leave the room, he quickly turns back around to write a note, then tilts the camera so that if George were to wake up he could read it.

He pressed the call button as he walked out of his room, shutting the door quietly. The phone rang 4 times before the call was finally answered.

"Dream?" he heard a surprised tone from the other end of the line.

"Hey sap"

"H-How are you doing? I've been worried about you"

"Honestly I'm not the best" he paused "well even thats an understatement but I'll be ok."

"Are you ok? wait sorry thats a bad question. can I help you at all? what happened?"

"I don't know if I can physically go through the details again but I'll just tell you why I wasn't talking is that ok?"

"of course"

"Well I haven't had the best mental health in the past, and its been so long since something triggered something in my head that I didn't know how to handle it. I wasn't sleeping, or really eating much. I was just in my head wondering why I never get things right. Like I couldn't stop thinking about things I should've done or should've said. I kinda pushed everyone out and shut down in the middle of my thoughts. George called me like every five minutes of everyday and I finally answered him a couple days ago. So I've been getting better at least. I should've reached out earlier I'm sorry."

"No Dream it's ok. You should take your time to heal. I don't know what happened but im here for you always."

"Thanks Sap, it does really mean a lot"