Day 3

"Aaaaand... done." Steve put down the pencil.

He stared at his drawing for a couple of seconds. It was a portrait of Wanda he was working on for her upcoming birthday. It was great, but Steve felt that there was something missing. He bit his lip and tilted his head, attempting to figure out what that was.

Then Steve picked up the pencil again and added a couple of flourishes: some flyaways in her hair, a glimmer in her eye, small details like that. A couple of minutes later, he smiled proudly. "Now it's perfect."

Steve put the portrait into his desk drawer for safekeeping. It was 9 am now, yet everyone was still asleep. Three days into the lockdown and the whole team had already adapted to the quarantine life, they were getting up late, walking around in sweats, leaving messes everywhere they went. Steve and Maria were the only ones to continue functioning normally, they cleaned up after the team's messes.

Steve tiptoed out of his room, making sure to not make any loud noises. He roamed the halls, looking for anyone who was awake. But all the doors were closed, everything was quiet.

However, he heard something clatter downstairs. It was either Maria or an attacker. Either way, he was going to go down there. But, just in case, he walked up to one of the paintings on the wall, took it off and turned it around. Natasha had taped a few knives to the back as part of her "I always have at least five weapons on hand at any given moment" gimmick.

Steve removed one of the knives, put the painting back on the wall, tightly grasped the weapon's handle, and began making his way down the stairs.

He went through the living room and into the kitchen. The sound had definitely come from there. He entered and sighed in relief when he was greeted by Maria's silhouette.

"Hey!"

"Oh, hi!" She turned around. "You're up! That's nice, no one else is."

"I know. Can you believe how easily they let their entire routine go?"

"I know, right? You wouldn't expect world-class superheroes, who constantly save the world, to just become couch potatoes in three days."

Steve nodded and chuckled. "Exactly. Anyway, what are you doing?"

"Making a PB&J. Or at least attempting to. I never learned how to cook, this is the best I can do." Hill lifted up the jar of peanut butter. "I can barely even do that. It's Fury's favorite sandwich though, so, as his right-hand man, I had to learn to make it at some point."

"Come on, no one can be so bad at cooking that they're unable to make a sandwich," Steve argued.

"You'd be surprised."

They shared a laugh. Steve smiled. "I can make you some real breakfast, maybe show you how to cook something. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay." Maria nodded.

"What about pancakes? Pancakes, let's do that." The two agreed. "Okay, can you get the flour?"

Steve showed Maria how to make pancakes from scratch. It didn't go that well, a few of them burned, but they did make pancakes. In fact, they made so many, enough for the whole team.

Halfway through the process, Bucky entered the kitchen. He was wearing sweatpants and a white T-shirt, he was barefoot, his hair was all messy and sticking out to all sides. He was groggy and looked tired. His eyes were pretty much closed. The first thing he did was walk up to the coffee machine and make himself a cup. Steve and Maria didn't know how to react, they just stood in silence and watched.

When the mug was finally full, Bucky took it and drank the whole thing in five seconds. He put it into the sink, breathed for a second, then turned to his teammates. "Morning."