20 🎫

Lara's POV

It's Monday moring. Monty ended up staying with me the whole weekend. I don't mind at all. My mom showed up late Saturday afternoon. She looked tired and I didn't ask much questions. She'll talk  when she is ready.

 She'll talk  when she is ready

Lara's outfit for Monday 👗

When we got to school I saw Bryce, Justin and Jessica. From the looks Jessica is already drunk. Assuming from her favorite water bottle. Monty still has his stitches but the black I looks a lot better than it did Friday. He got out of his side and took my hand in his.

When I didn't start moving he stopped and looked to where I'm looking. "What the hell is wrong with Jess ? Is she truning to piss Justin off ?" I see the eay she leans into Bryce and the laugh about something. Something Justin doesn't find funny. "Fuck knows. But if you do shit like that babe we'll have a problem." I just give him a look.

Yes he pisses me off sometimes but hell I would not go that far and flurt with his best friend. Shaking my head lightly I pull him forward with me. "Morning guys." I greet with a chirpy voice. Justin mumbles something and Jess turns to me. Throws her arm around my shoulders and turn back to Justin.

"Please tell Justin that my water bottle is no big deal." I nervously glance to Monty who shrugs his shoulders. "As long as you don't get drunk from it which you already have." I pull her arm off me slowly and goes to stand next to Monty. The look she gives me is one of total judgement. "Seriously! You're judging me right now ? How many times have you gotten drunk ?"

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. "Alot. But never not once at school because I play it smart Jess. Don't ruin everything you have for a bottle of Vodka." Clearly pissed at her I turn and give Monty a quick kiss before walking off.

At my locker I harshly pack away my books. I get this feeling someone is watching me so I turn and look. Courtney keeps glancing my way. Getting frustrated with her. "What are you looking at ?!" She seems to have gotten a scare. I raise my eyebrows and she walks closer. "Sorry. Just wanted to see how you were holding up ?" Me holding up ? What the hell has gotten into this girl. "I'm fine." Shutting my locker. Turn on my heal to walk away but she grabs my hand. When I turn to look at her I see a small blush on her face.

Does she have a crush on me ? "Clay
..Clay finished Ryan's tap last night. Which means next is your tape." It felt as if she just dumped a whole bucket off cold water onto me. I stare at her and then rushed off into the ladies room.

Why now ? Could he just drop the bloody tapes and go on with his life. It's bad enough already. I have to tell monty today. I can't hide this anymore. Slowly wiping my tears away I get out of the bathroom stall. Some of the girls turn to me and then quickly look away.

Like they are scared of me. Checking to see if my make up is still fine I turn to leave. I have to find Monty. First period was a total dull. I couldn't keep focus. Clay keeps looking at me. It keeps going like this untill lunch time.

When I walked into the cafeteria I immediately spot Monty sitting with his friends. Laughing about something. I walk up to them. "Babe we need to talk. Now." Everyone becames quiet. He looks at me sith worry in his eyes.

He doesn't ask questions just say goodbye to the guys and quietly follows me. We arrive at our secret spot. The football field. Not many students walk this far for lunch so whenever we needed to sneak off this is where we'd go.

"What's wrong babe ? You're really scaring me." I sit down next to him and start to play with my fingers. Tears are slowly streaming down my face. He puts a finger under my chin and lifts my head to look at him.

"What's going on ? You can tell me anything." I slowly nod. Whipping the tears with my back hand I stare over the football field. Damn you Hannah Baker. "Please don't hate me for what I'm about to tell you."

He whips a lost tear of my cheek and slowly kisses me. Puts his forehead against mind and whisper. "Never"