They pack up and hit the road, "Rockford, Illinois is about 7 hours from here." "So what's the deal with this case anyway?" "I don't know just that people have been kind of dying a lot lately from unnatural causes." "Bets still on right?" "Dean let's just work the case." They drove for a few hours. "Seriously dude what is the story? You've been texting her this whole time." "Nothing she's just a friend who I lost touch with and now I'm catching up." "What can you possibly catch up about? Oh hey Nikki we killed a vampire a few months back what have you been up to? Come on Sam you know you can't tell her what you've been really doing this whole time." "I just like talking to her Dean is that so hard for you to believe that a guy and girl can be friends and nothing more!" "Yes Sam it is."

"There's a gas station pull over so I can get something to drink." Dean pulls the car over and Sam gets out, he leaves his phone on the seat and Dean takes it and looks to see what is being said, "Dude!" "Oh hiya" "Gimme my phone!" "Those don't look like I just want to catch up with an old friend texts, they look like I wanna get in your pants texts." "Just drive! I can't believe you looked at my phone!" "Hey you left it so it's fair game!" "You are such a kid sometimes!" "I just want you to be careful, really Sam if you wanna have a little fun hey I'm all for that but you know we cant have anything else." Sam knew his brother was right but it felt good and familiar it was a piece of his past coming back and he liked it. The boys finished up the case and decided to head to Bobby's to see if anything new has been figured out with yellow eyes.

"Bobby?" "In here." "Hey, figure anything out?" "Well hello to you too!" "Sorry Bobby we've just been on the road for a while." "Understandable, so kick your boots off get some food and rest and we will talk in the morning." "Thanks Bobby." The boys ate dinner and decided to go to sleep, Sams phone buzzed, "Doesn't that girl give it a rest?!" Sam gives Dean a dirty look, "I told her to text me later." "Yeah and she is right on that!" "Shut up Dean!" Sam opened his phone and read the text. "Hey if you aren't doing anything this weekend we should have dinner or something to really catch up, oh and bring your brother so I can get to know him." Sam raised his eyebrow, "She wants to have dinner this weekend, and uh she told me to bring you." "She did? Why?" "She said so she can get to know you." "No thanks I'm not looking to get to know anyone." "You don't have to be such a jerk about it!" "You go have fun and leave it at that!" The boys went to bed but Sam text back, "Yeah dinner sounds great but it will be just me." "Ok I will text you later this week with a time and place, take care Sam." I wonder why his brother didn't want to come, I thought to myself, maybe he really is just a jerk after all, still I saw something in his eyes that night.

"Where you going all dressed up?" "He's got a date!" "Shut up Dean, no Bobby I'm just meeting an old friend for dinner." "Have fun but not too much fun." Sam smiled as Bobby walked into the kitchen. "So Sammy how ya getting there?" "In the impala." "Uh no no no that's not happening!" "Really? Why not?" "Cause that's my baby and I don't want you messing her up." Sam rolls his eyes and storms into the kitchen "Bobby can I borrow a car?" "How far ya going?" "About 2 hours." "Sure boy that'd be alright." "Thanks Bobby." Bobby walks out of the kitchen into the living room "So you wanna tell me what that's all about?" "Huh oh um some chick he went to college with." "And?" "And nothing he said she was just a friend." "So why the lost puppy dog look on your face?" "What? No." "Come on boy I know you better than that." "Fine, there's something about this chick that..." "Gets your berries going?" Bobby laughs "No way! It's just something." "Yeah whatever, so you don't think this girl is pretty?" "That doesn't matter!" "There it is!" "There what is?" "You think she's good lookin and it's killing you Sams going out with her!" Dean stood there for a minute, "Come on Bobby! She is not ugly but that's not what it is!" "So do you think she's some type of monster?" "I'm not sure, maybe I should have gone to keep an eye on him." "Yeah that's the reason you wann go to keep an eye on him." He rolls his eyes. "Cut it out Bobby! seriously!" "Go then, call Sam and tell him you changed your mind he can't be that far down the road." Dean thinks about it for a minute and calls Sam, "Hey I changed my mind so come back." "I'm already 15 miles down the road!" "Quit whining and come back!" "You can be so...." "Yeah blah blah" he hangs up the phone. Sam came back to pick him up. "Why didn't you just come with me from the start?" "I didn't feel like it then but now I do." "Whatever let's just go see we aren't late!"