The Unwanted Royal Summon

Start from the beginning

Truly,a normal family with a normal life.

***
That night,Arius and Emrys work at the Lavina Bar again.Wiping the counter and arranging the alcoholic beverages on the shelf has been their routine since they started their job when they were 15 until the present day they were almost 18.

The owner,Mr.Cadoc,is a former soldier.He moved to Ormskirk a few months after its founding,making him one of the oldest people in the village.Already in his early sixties,he is the founder of the bar.The Lavina Bar is a tribute to his late wife,Lavina,who died when he was forty-five due to heart failure.They never had the chance to meet her as she died not long after their birth.She was said to be as beautiful as an angel during her life.

Mr.Cadoc himself is a quite handsome man.He is a tall man,almost two metres in height with muscle all in right places.He has ginger hair which is always slicked back with subtle stubble around his face.Despite the scar he gained on his jaw during the war,he has a kind face with a kinder personality.It is no wonder many young girls have a crush on him despite his old age.However,he remains faithful to his late wife.Never considering a new lover even with many beautiful ladies around him.

As Arius and Emrys wipe the glasses and restocking the beverages on the shelf before their opening,the said man easily sauntered to them from the entrance. "Hey,boys.Working hard again today?It's fine to take a break once in awhile,"worried the older man.

The two teenagers simply smiled kindly,enchanting their already handsome faces. "We're fine,uncle.It was fun working here so it didn't tire us that much,"assured Arius.The old man has done them a favor,accepting them to work even though they were just 15 when they started working.

"Afterall,the pay was huge.There was no way we could let go of this job,"teased Emrys while rubbing his index finger and thumbs together.It was true,though.Their pay was oddly high for a mere bartender.Even more as they were just kids.It has help them a number of times when their family needed money(as people saw them).Most of the time,it helps them to gain something they want without burdening their parents.

Mr. Cadoc laughed out loud, "I simply help with whatever I can do.Not to mention,you guys help attract a lot of customers ever since you both work here.Especially the girls.Have any thoughts about settling down yet?I heard your parents hit it off pretty young.I'm not surprised if they have a lot more children coming.Looking how smitten your parents are with each other," the man wiggled his eyebrows mischievously.

The twins laughed warily.If only the man knew how young Lucas was.They cannot deny the smitten part,though.Just this morning,they saw fresh red marks on their mother's nape.No doubt courtesy to their father.When the girls noticed it,Mrs.Glemt simply waved it off as mosquito bites.Mr.Glemt smirking all the way. "Settling down?I still need my mother to find my pants for me so maybe another ten years,"joked Arius while Emrys cheekily agreed with his statement.

The former soldier simply shook his head.If only these boys knew how many female customers have come just to capture a glance of them.Well,it keeps the business running so he won't complain. "Yes,enough of that then.Do you know about the Emperor is not in good health nowadays?,"asked Mr.Cadoc as he propped his chin on his hand.His eyes keeping his gaze on the youngsters.

"Yup." "We know." The twins answered nonchalantly,bored expressions on their faces.News about the Emperor or the Empire?It was none of their business,so they don't care.Boring.

The ginger hummed thoughtfully, "I heard the princess ordered a royal summon for magicians to come to the palace to treat him.She must have been pretty desperate."

Emrys frowned. "Don't they have royal magicians for that?" He shared a confused glance with his brother.

It is well known that the royal family has their own personal magicians.Those who worked exclusively at the Black Tower. The idiots who see themselves higher than anyone else save for the the royals,in their father's words.The twins refrained themselves from pointing out that Lucas was one of those idiots before.