Chapter 4

When he returned home, Rowan didn't speak much. He went to sit down in the living room alone. The TV was on showing the news, but he didn't pay much attention.

That is until Nightwing Prison was mentioned. He turned his head towards the television.

"Authorities say they are not sure how this massacre started," said the news anchor, "But one thing is certain; there are no survivors in this field of death."

It cut to the prison, where the whole building was roped off with caution tape. Rowan called out for Morgan, who arrived in less than one second.

"We're not exactly sure what happened here," said a police officer on the scene, "We think we may be dealing with some kind of wild animal that somehow got into the prison. We can't show inside because it's unfortunately quite a mess. Some of the bodies are even torn up quite violently."

  "Holy shit

"Holy shit...." Rowan mumbled. He turned to Morgan. "Do you think Whelan did this?"

Morgan stood there with her arms crossed. "That...I don't know....that doesn't sound like a typical vampire."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Vampires who hunt humans are a lot more sneaky than that," she replied. "They don't go on a mass killing spree like this. I mean, he's the only logical explanation. But I don't understand why he would do this."

She slowly walked up beside him as they watched the news. He gently wrapped an arm around her.

"This means Tina must be dead..." he whispered. He wasn't sure if he felt happy or sad. He did hate her, but he didn't like ANYONE dying a gruesome death. Morgan didn't respond. She continued to hold him.

"I think we should alert Skylar and Carter once they awake." Rowan mumbled. Morgan nodded in agreement.

"Until then, let's focus on something else," said Morgan. "Let's start talking about the dungeon soon, and how we should prepare you."

"Sounds good," said Rowan.

Rowan spent the next few days studying up on how to be a dominant. He even designed an outfit for himself that he had Elijah sew for him. He didn't want Morgan to see it until tonight. He wanted to surprise her.

He passed Carter in the living area and decided to speak with him for a moment.

"Sure, what's up Rowan?" he asked.

"Well," Rowan began, "I'm going to practice being a dominant tonight. I was just wondering if you had any, um....advice. You know, from man to man?"

Carter chuckled and put down his book. "The only thing that's useful for me to say is to reassure the sub that they're always safe. Even though you're the dominant, the sub is the one that's in control. Just reassure them that."