Chapter 6

Nina's POV:

Stefan, Damon, Zach and I are seated in the living room. Damon pours a glass of bourbon into a glass and sips it.

"Okay, talk," I tell them.

"Vampires have been around for centuries, as well as witches and werewolves," Zach tells me.

"Okay, but aren't vampires supposed to burn in the sun?" I ask Stefan raising my eyebrow.

"Yes, but since you have some human in you, you don't need a daylight ring," Stefan shows the ring on his finger.

"Why do I have to wear this necklace?" I ask.

"It keeps your power under control. And it can hide your werewolf side," Zach says.

"Why can't I just be normal?" I bury my face in my hands.

"You're still amazing to me," Stefan says kissing my hair.

"Bleh," Damon gags.

"I just don't get it. How did I grow up like a human my whole childhood, but now I'm like this?" I ask.

"I assume when you went through the traumatic experience of being in the car with your parents when they died may have triggered it," Zach says.

I shake my head and walk out of the room. I walk outside to be alone. I eventually wander into the woods. I sit against a tree and close my eyes. Leaves crunch close by and my eyes shoot open.

It's Stefan.

"You scared me," I sigh.

"I'm sorry," he sits next to me.

"I just don't get it. Why can't I just be human like Elena?" I say softly.

"I know it's hard," he strokes my hair.

"Stefan. Vampire or not, I'm still here for you. I'd never judge you," I kiss his cheek.

"You don't know how much that means to me to hear you say that," he says.

"I don't care about your past. You are perfect to me," I rest my head on his shoulder.

--

Elena's POV:

I text Nina again.

To: Nina 💕

Where the hell are you?? You're scaring me.

Finally she replies.

From: Nina 💕

I'm okay. I'm with Stefan.

I sigh in relief. Stefan's a good guy so I know she's in good hands.

To: Nina 💕

Okay just come home soon. I covered for you with Jenna.

From: Nina 💕

Okay see you soon ❤️.

I slide my phone into my pocket. I turn to look at Matt.

"It's okay Lena. Don't worry," Matt says.

I nod and hug him. He cups my cheek and pecks me lightly on the lips. I smile and bury my head into his chest.

Nina's POV:

I crack my knuckles as I sit in the Salvatore's living room. Stefan grabs my hand and rubs circles into it. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

"Bleh guys," Damon's voice booms through the room.

I roll my eyes as we pull apart.

"Really Damon?" I glare.

"If you want to be 'intimate'," he makes quotation marks, "We have a lot of rooms."

I roll my eyes and peck Stefan lightly on the lips.

"Get over it," I respond, "Stefan don't follow me I want to be alone."

He nods and I walk out of the room then out of the house. I walk back into the woods and sit in front of a tree. I hear rustling and foot steps and I roll my eyes.

"Stefan I told you I wanted to be alone," I say.

I get no response.

"Stefan?" I ask.

A rush of air goes past me.

"Hello?" I ask.

I all of a sudden get pinned against a tree. Piercing blue eyes meet them.

"Damon?" I say.

"Yeah the interesting brother," he smirks cockily.

"You scared the hell out of me!" I push him.

"That was the idea," he smirks.

I roll my eyes and try to walk away. He pushes me back against the tree.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask.

He presses his lips against mine hungrily. My mind and body are screaming at me to kiss back. But my heart is telling me that I only want Stefan to be doing this to me. I don't kiss back and try to push him away.

"Damon get off of me!" I whimper.

Soon Damon is thrown off of me and against a tree.

"Don't touch her!" Stefan growls.

"Don't test me brother," Damon growls back.

Stefan grabs a stick and gets ready to stab Damon with it. Damon rips the stick out of Stefan's hold and slams it into Stefan's stomach.

"Ugh," Stefan grunts as he falls to the ground.

"Stefan," I whimper.

I rip it out of his stomach and he groans.

"Leave!" I scream at Damon.

He rolls his eyes and speeds away. I hold Stefan in my arms as tears roll down my cheek.

"It's okay. I'll be fine," Stefan kisses my tears away.

"I could've lost you," I cry.

"You never will," Stefan says.

He presses his lips against mine and I kiss back. The familiar sparks start to erupt between us and it soon feels like we are the only two in the world.

Guys I'm so sorry it took so long to update. I've been so busy with school. I have the month off now so look forward to more updates. Love you guys

- Ally

Are you Team Stina or Team Dina?