Chapter 4

Nina's POV:

I groan as my alarm announces that it is time to get ready for school. I get out of bed and pick out something to wear. I settle with faded skinny jeans, a pink tank top, and a jean jacket. I brush through my hair making it silky soft and put on my black high top converses. I sling my backpack over my shoulders and walk out of my room downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning," Lena smiles.

"Hey," I greet pouring a cup of coffee.

"Aunt Jenna already left," she says.

"Where's Jer?" I ask.

"Don't know," she answers quietly.

"Lena it's okay," I grab her hand.

She only nods before taking a big gulp from her mug.

"Sooo. You and Stefan??" She waggles her eyebrows. I blush.

"Yeah I really like him," I answer.

I'm sure it's only one sided though.

"Aww," she coos.

"Come on Lena, we have to leave" I tell her. She sets her mug in the sink and grabs her book bag. We walk outside meeting Bonnie. We then drive to school. After we get there we walk inside. I drift away from Elena and Bonnie and walk to my locker. Opening it I put my stuff in it and grab my books. When I shut my locker Stefan is there.

"Oh my gosh Stefan!" I gasp.

"I'm sorry Nina. I didn't mean to scare you," he tells me steadying me.

"It's fine," I smile.

"Do you want me to walk you to class?" He asks

"Sure," I nod. With that we walk to Mr. Tanner's class.

-----

Tonight:

Nina's POV:

I pull my now loose curls into a pony tail. I am dressed in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a dark purple tank top, a flannel, and a pair of flats. I look in the mirror to check my appearance. I look okay. Firmly nodding I walk downstairs to meet Lena.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yep Bonnie's here," she speaks.

"Alright let's go," I smile. When we get out to the car Bonnie has a worried look on her face.

"Bonnie, what's wrong?" I ask her.

"I don't know Nina. I'm sensing something bad is going to happen tonight," she speaks softly.

"Everything will be fine Bonnie," Elena tells her. Now I am getting a bad feeling. My necklace started to buzz my skin. I ignore the thoughts I thinking I am just paranoid.

"Alright I'm ready let's go," I say buckling my seatbelt. We then drive to the bonfire.

Everyone is drinking and having a good time. I grip the bottle of beer and take a swig of it. I walk off away from everyone to think. I am walking through the woods on a trail. The moon shines through the trees making it eerie. I feel like I am being followed. A hand grips my shoulder startling me. I let out a small scream only to my mouth being clamped shut. I follow the arm to reveal Stefan. I rip his hand off of me irritated.

"You need to stop scaring me," I grumble.

"I'm sorry. I only really came because you asked. You left so I wanted to see if you were okay," he responds.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Thank you," I softly smile.

"So why'd you leave the bonfire?" He asks cocking an eyebrow.

"Had to leave everyone to think," I respond. Stefan stops me as I try to walk away.

"Nina I have to do this," he says.

I don't say anything before his lips crash onto mine. Billions of sparks ignite between us. I kiss him back with as much passion as he is giving me. We break apart just as a girls piercing scream fills the woods.