He moved to Aayan's left and picked up the lunch bag, he looked at Aayan and smirked," Did your wife pack you lunch?" he asks, with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Aayan just looks at him with a glare and Zubair kept the lunch bag back in its place and went to sit on his seat, all the while smirking.

Aayan looked at Zubair annoyed and asked," What do you want?", "Oh nothing, just you know, thinking." Zubair says looking around. "Okay husband, you have your packed lunch, while I find someone to have lunch with. Oooo, I wonder what Mason is upto." and he goes out the door to find Mason.

Poor Mason.

Aayan looks at the wall clock to see its 1:34 pm. He then looks at the lunch bag, a little moment too long. He closes the file and picks up the lunch bag, opening it. There was a small sticky note attached to it that read,

I hope you enjoy your lunch.

Aayan just smiled and kept the sticky note in his table drawer. He looked back into the lunch bag. There was a small pouch, that held a fork and a spoon. He kept that aside and removed two medium sized lunch boxes and a big lunch box at the bottom.

One of the medium sized boxes contained mutton chunks, while the other held sliced apple pieces. The big box had a small division that took quarter space of the box, which contained stir fried potato and peas. The rest part was filled with beautiful, yellow coloured lemon rice. Aayan just smiled at the boxes. He pulled out a spoon from the pouch.

Let's eat.

He took a spoonful and placed in his mouth along with some mutton chunks. He nodded his head at the taste and completed his entire meal, sparing the apple slices for later. He was awfully full. He cleaned his table and got back to work.

It was 3:00 pm. Aayan was going through a file when there was a knock on the door, "Come in." Mason enters and stands before Aayan, "Sir, you have a meeting at 3:30 pm with Kings International." Aayan looks at the clock and then at Mason,"Okay, prepare the meeting lounge." he says and goes back to his file, "There has been a slight change, sir." Aayan looks up at Mason, for him to continue, "Due to some health issues, Roger King won't be able to make it to meet you, but instead, his son, Nicholas King, has volunteered." Aayan internally growled.

Aayan, Zubair and Nicholas King had attended the same business university, and Aayan hated Nicholas's guts. Nicholas was the University's play boy, flirting around with girls and breaking their hearts. Even when the girls knew of his status, they used to fall for him, since he was good looking and rich.

Aayan and Nicholas were the University enemies. Aayan knew he would have to face him anytime, considering the collaboration, but he didn't expect it to be so soon. Aayan signs and asks Mason to proceed.

Aayan entered the meeting lounge to find Nicholas king, seated on the sofa one leg over the other. As soon as Nicholas saw Aayan, he got up with a smirk, "Hey, nemesis." was what Nicholas said.

Aayan went forward and shook hands with him before taking a seat. They were both seated, when the door to the meeting lounge was banged open. Zubair entered, with an annoyed face. Yes, even Zubair hated Nicholas King. Nicholas just smirked at Zubair.

Zubair came and sat next to Aayan, glaring at Nicholas. Nicholas spoke first, "I know, we have had our differences in the past, but let's keep it there and work together in peace." Aayan looks at Nicholas, to see him looking at them with a sincere eyes. Aayan knew no matter how much they hated each other, they both needed this collab to work out. Aayan signed and nodded." Let's begin. "

Mid way through the meeting, Aayan's mobile pinged, signalling a notification, he ignored it. His mobile pinged again, and he ignored it.

Ping, ping, ping, ping,....

"Bro, just answer it already." Nicholas exclaimed, annoyed. Aayan picked his mobile to find nine messages from Ruhee.

Wife - Can you tell me, how to find the nearby grocery store?

Wife - I would have asked Ammi, but she is asleep.

Wife - Hello!!?

Wife - Are you ignoring me?

Wife - Don't you remember what happened the last time you ignored me?

How could I forget?

Wife - You are ignoring me!!!

Wife - Come home and you'll know what happens when someone ignores Ruhee Shariff.

We'll see.

Wife - Fine, don't reply, I'll find it myself.

Wife - Don't come finding me if I am lost.

Aayan just shakes his head smiling, he looks up to find Zubair smirking at him and Nicholas looking at him confused. Aayan clears his throat, puts his mobile on silent, and keeps it down, without replying. And they continue the meeting.

It was 5:54pm and the meeting was finally done. All three stand up and shake their hands when Aayan's mobile vibrates. His mother was calling him so he answered, "Yes, Ammi.", "Aayan, Ruhee is not home yet, she went out to get some groceries, but is not back. It's gonna be dark soon and I am worried."comes Sahma's panicked voice.

Aayan froze." I called her mobile, but it's switched off. " Aayan breaks out of his trance and replies urgently," Don't worry Ammi, I'll find her. " he cuts the call to see another text notification.

Wife - Aayan, I think I am lost. 5:23pm.