Chapter Five

A/N: Double update, my lovelies.
Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah

"Hey bro" my sister Adaobi said from the phone as we were face timing.

"Hey. How's it going?" I said leaning back into the swivel chair in my office.

"I got back from Paris yesterday morning"

"So you're in New York?"

"Yeah, with mom and everybody"

"Oh okay, that's great. How are they doing anyways?"

"We are all fine. Talking about us, make sure to call mom. She's been going on about how you hardly call her and all"

"Hold on, I sent her a text on Whatsapp yesterday and she responded"

"Apparently, it's not enough"

"I'll call her later"

"Better do, she is making me crazy and I just got back" she said making me laugh.

"What did she do?" I already had an idea what she was talking about but I just wanted her to say it.

"You know how she's always talking about grand babies. Well. She's worse now. I can't go to seconds without her talking about her getting old with any grand kids to keep her company"

I burst into a full blown laughter with my head falling back and all. This was basically the main reason I didn't call her very often because she was on a grand baby high and it wasn't even funny. She had me go to three blind dates arranged by her and her sisters; she could basically create a blind date website with the rate at which she was going. All she needed to do was make a few calls to her sisters or sister in laws and they would fix you up with the daughters of their friends.

"You think it's funny until she's all up in your face" she muttered. "Anyways, any girls or guys in your life? I don't judge but mom will so answer appropriately"

"Did she put you up to this?"

"Noooo" she said to quickly making me give her an 'I'm not buying it' look. "Maybe .... Okay, fine she did but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what happens in your life"

"Hmmm" I looked at her suspiciously.

"I'm serious"

"Well, there's someone piquing my interest –"

She let out a loud squeal. "Oh my Gosh, are you serious? Tell me all about her, what's her name? What does she look like? Do you have pictures? –"

I cut her off before she could go even further. "Her name is Ijeoma and I'm just getting to know her and I don't have pictures. I also don't want mom getting to know about this, it's too early for her to start interfering"

"Yeah, whatever" she waved me off excitedly.

"No, listen I need you to promise me" I stated firmly.

"Fine, I promise"

"Good, I've got to go. I have surgery in thirty minutes and I need to prep myself mentally" I said

She made a disgusted face. "I still can't get used to the fact that you dig into people's bodies. Anyways, bye"

"Bye" I hung up the phone before standing and heading over to my patient's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, we would go in again tomorrow when she's more stable –"my colleague Tiwa said.

Tiwa is a general surgeon and so she dealt with the abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas and so on. She is on the petite side with a very sharp mind, she was one of the assets we had at the hospital and she was very witty as well as intelligent which made me comfortable keeping her as a friend. She was also one of the people who didn't treat and look at me like I was piece of meat as most of the ladies in the hospital did.

"Dr. Tomi approaching behind you" she whispered

"Has she seen me?" I asked her.

"Of course, it's not like you're hard to miss" she said referring to my height.

"God ..." I exhaled frustratingly.

Dr Tomi on other hand was quite a remarkable doctor and she was very precise in her work as Orthopedist (A doctor who corrects congenital or functional abnormalities of the bones with surgery, casting and bracing. They also treat injuries to the bone).

She was one of the doctors who looked at like a piece of ass and had asked me out a couple of times and I politely declined every one of those times. One, it was unethical and two, I just didn't like her that way but it was like she didn't get the message or maybe she didn't want to.

I felt a small tap on my shoulder and I let out an exhausted sigh before turning around with a fake smile plastered on my lips. I saw Tiwa walk away at the corner of my eyes, she was shaking from the laughter she was stifling.

"Dr. Tomi, how are you doing?"

"I'm good. What about you?" she said with her pearly whites on display.

"I'm doing well, thank you"

"It's been a while since I last saw you. It's almost like you're avoiding me" she said folding her arms across her chest, making her cleavage even more visible but I kept my eyes on her face.

I let out a nervous laugh. "Now, why would I ever do such a thing?"

She shrugged her shoulders in response. "Any ways, I was going to see a movie tomorrow since it is a Saturday. Would you like to accompany me?"

"Uhm, I would have to take a rain check on that one. I promised my cousin I would see her tomorrow" I replied. It wasn't a lie because I was actually visit one of my cousins tomorrow but I was thankful that it was tomorrow. I didn't really like lying to people although I indulged a few times if it was absolutely necessary.

Her shoulder sagged with disappointment. "Oh okay. Maybe some other time"

"Yeah"

She walked away and I breathed a sigh of relief before heading back to my office so I could update my notes (entries into patient health records to ensure thorough documentation of medical history).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE